Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July Memories

Hey everyone. Today felt kind of weird because it's July 1st and I'm working. Okay, a better way to say it is that I'm working the same job as I was during the academic year. Starting my position here was the first time I was on a 12-month contract so it's kind of weird to think that I'm working for the entirety of the summer. (In Missouri, I would normally get at least June and the first half of July off because there wasn't much for us to do while the students were gone.)

The reason it feels a little weirder compared to yesterday is that as soon as it hits July, I have a bunch of summer memories that rush back. These include, in no particular order, marching band (including playing in Fort Frances because yay Canada Day), summer stock theater, music camp, working at a summer camp, and selling fireworks. Some of these activities were all summer long in middle school/high school/college, but July just felt like the best part of summer because all of the awesome stuff was going on full speed.

Thinking about music camp made me realize that this blog will have its 10 year anniversary soon.... as in Sunday soon. That's a weird revelation. Of course the blog has definitely had its spotty months.. years, but still, it's been a place I've gone to and shared a lot of memories, stories, and personal insights.

Maybe on Sunday I can do a special tribute to MusiCamp or something. I'll try to do something special. For now though, I need to rest up since I'll be lugging around some furniture tomorrow. Tomorrow will be World UFO Day and Made in the USA Day. Oh, and I Forget Day, almost didn't remember that one. (*insert smirk*)

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment