Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Boo to network outages

Hey everyone. Today is one of those days where I wonder what Past Me would think about Present Me. There's a Sprint network outage that basically took over the southern half of Wisconsin and Chicago, which has been causing my phone to beep warning messages at me every couple minutes. Contrast this to Past Me who had a basic brick or flip phone through college and didn't dare touch the Internet button. (To be fair, it was an absurd cost for the tiny trickle of Internet you could get.)

This is a tangent, but I do remember when I was skeptical of touch screen technology, which popped up when I was shopping for a car GPS. I will say that the touch screen stuff has made some blunders from time to time (especially with network problems), but it still works.

You could definitely generalize this sentiment to any item/skill that you adjust to and then don't feel like you can live without it. Having my own car is another item on that list. Of course, I think some of the things that would be on that list are signs of moving from different stages of life. For example, since I have my undergrad degree and a full-time job, I wouldn't be able to live in a tiny double-occupancy residence hall room. I've gotten used to not having a roommate, but I know that I have to give myself some flexibility in that because reasons.

Anyway, these are just random thoughts that popped up all thanks to network outages. I know that every phone company has their shortcomings, but when I pay off my phone, I think I'm ready to explore more options.

Tomorrow will be Spoonerisms Day, Rat-Catchers Day, and Casual Pi Day (22/7). I also just realized that it's Tuesday, but I'll just make tomorrow's entry random rather than re-writing this one.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment