Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Random Tuesday: What would you do if...?

Hey everyone. At lunch, one of my co-workers talked about the planned trips to Mars and asked us if we would be a part of that if we could. (I said no.) It did give me an idea for today's post, being Random Tuesday and all. Let's go!

"What would you do if... "?

A child had no pulse: See if a parent or guardian is around and then have someone (possibly just do it myself) call 911.

Bitten by a tick: I'd first try to use a tweezers to get it off. I've also heard that soap might work?

Clothes didn't exist: Hmm. Well, if they never existed, then everyone would go about their lives and just not have clothes. It's like when people ask "How did we live before the Internet?" and there's no huge secret. We just did.

Dog eats chocolate: I'd probably be in a panic but find a pet poison hotline to call.

Everyone disappeared: So, I'm imagining that things would be normal except that everyone would just suddenly be gone. Well, I'd be really sad and then confused. Not sure what I would do after that, but I feel like I would have options.

Find a dead animal: I feel like this is a situation where "less is more". Of course, it really depends on the animal, because finding a dead mouse in a building would elicit a far different response than finding a dead deer on the side of the highway.

God came to your home: I feel like the polite thing to do would be to invite him in and see what brought him to my place.

Hands face feet itch: All at the same time? I'd break out the anti-itch cream but if this had been going on, I'd try to find a walk-in clinic.

I sang out of tune: These questions always seem to lead out important information. In this case, it would depend on how loud you're singing and what song is off-key. Most likely I would shrug it off.

Jesus came to your house: He and God are pretty tight, so I'd invite Jesus in as well and see if either of them wanted snacks.

For some odd reason, K didn't pull up anything on its own and instead had results for C. Moving on.

Locked in dark room: Turn on my flashlight on my phone, try to find a light switch, and try not to panic.

Money didn't matter: So, I'm assuming that this scenario means that everyone could get food, shelter, and the like, and money just wouldn't be a thing. If that's the case, I would put more time into hobbies and travel.

Ninjas attack: If we're talking legit ninjas, my first thought would be making a lot of noise and trying to get them to stop. This is unrelated, but another auto complete option was a neighbor having a meth lab. Wow.

Oil light comes on: I'd definitely consult my car sticker which tells me when I'm due for an appointment and then get one scheduled.

Pokemon were real: See, I feel like it would be cool at first but then everything would go downhill really quickly. So, I'd definitely avoid all tall grass and swimming.

The only thing that popped up for Q was getting more "What Would You Do If" questions, rather than one that actually starts with Q. So I'll skip it.

Okay, I did not expect R to be a problem, but nothing would pop. I would include an extra letter, but still nothing. (RE would go to stuff just starting with E. Weird.)

Someone insulted you: In reality, I probably wouldn't do anything in the moment, but it might stick with me for a while.

The purge was real: I would be worried about people being stupid, so I'd probably lock down for a bit. I would hope that human decency would win in the end. If' we're talking about a purge but not involving murder and stuff, I'd probably just go fly to Ohio.

USB device won't connect: Wow really? It was either this or a bunch of options starting with YOU. For starters, there's the classic "flip 180 deg, try again, repeat until satisfied" plan that I would use.

Vehicle starts to skid: Again, definitely situation dependent. In general, I'd try to regain control and hopefully not do something that would continue the skidding (like slamming on the brakes on the ice).

Won the lottery: I've thought about this one from time to time. First I'd pay off my car and some loans. Then I'd give some to family and friends to pay off stuff. Then a portion to charity. After that, I don't know. Something fun. Fancy travel vacation? New electronics? Ice cream?

Unsurprisingly, X didn't pull up any stuff on its own, so I'll just move on.

You woke up as a girl: Make sure I wasn't dreaming. Then make some calls to see if other weird stuff is going on. Then I'll know that I'm in a Hollywood film and find a spiritual expert to see if this is a permanent thing or not.

Zombies attacked: I should have expected this to end with zombies. If we're talking right now, I think my apartment doors would hold them off for a bit to me to figure out what's going on and how big of a problem it is.


Well, that was interesting. Some of them felt "Worse Case Scenario"-y, but it definitely got me thinking.

Tomorrow will be Lasagna Day, Chicken Wing Day, and Rain Day. Not quite the food choices I would put together, but maybe they are a great mix on a rainy day.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment