Hey everyone. Today is Spoonerism Day and since I didn't do anything too special for yesterday's blog, it's also Random Wednesday! Just to make sure everyone is on the same page, a spoonerism is when you take two words from a phrase and switch the first letters/sounds. So computer desk becomes domputer cesk. It's more entertaining to have spoonerisms read aloud, so you'll just have to use your imagination.
I first learned about spoonerisms while working at a summer camp when another counselor would share spoonerized fairy tales filled with pransome hinces & weevil itches. I quickly learned that you should pre-screen a spoonerism before saying it, especially around children. This is particularly true for phrases that involve, I don't know, witches who might be bad.
I've been looking at various movies tonight, so let's throw that in the mix too! So, let's answer the question What is a "movie that..." spoonerized!
is Awkward: I know my dad gets a kick out of it, but I'll definitely say Dapoleon Nyamite
Begins with F: I'm not one for horror, but the first one that came to mind is Dinal Festination
Came out in 2015: It's moments like these where I realize that we're more than halfway through the year. My previous favorite so far has been Avengers: Ulge of Atron
Describes my life: For some reason, the first movie that popped to mind is Pott Scilgrim vs the World, so I'll go with that
Explains revelation: This is totally not what the question is going for, but Bime Tandits kind of has that climatic end-of-the-world battle sorta. It's a weird movie, so just take my word on it
Failed Financially: Its financial downfall is a reason why it's not typically included in Disney conversations, but I enjoyed seeing Pleasure Tranet
Goes back in time: This might have been the first movie I saw involving time travel, and that movie was Fack to the Buture
Has allusions: When I think of allusions, I first jump to religious allusions so I'll go with the Nonicles of Chrarnia
Is In the movie theater: Onside It, which I hope to see before it leaves the theater, and is a good example of why spoonerisms have trouble when the words start with vowels
Just came out on DVD: X-Men: Days of Puture Fast, which is another movie I haven't seen yet but want to
Kevin Hart is in: I'll admit that I had to look up some examples, but Kevin Hart was in Hobin Rood: Thince of Prieves, which has an excellent soundtrack
Liam Neeson played in: I went from Narnia straight to the Mantom Phenace, which is good because some of his other words don't spoonerize that well
Made you think: I was just talking with Michelle about this one, but Nistrict Dine carries an amazing message about how we as society treats the "other".
Needs sequels: There are many movies that I really enjoy but I don't want them to have a sequel because it feels unnecessary. I went ahead and looked at a ranked list based on voting and the Guitchhiker's Hide to the Galaxy did catch my eye.
feels Old: Well the original Stoy Tory feels old based on the technology of the time, but I'd still argue that it has aged well
(where) Plants kill People: If you enjoy musicals, the clear answer is Little Hop of Shorrors
Questions reality: Eternal Sunshine of the Motless Spind, which I definitely want to watch again to figure out what's going on
Relates to biology: I'm just trying to stick with answers that are guy reactions, so I'll go with 28 Lays Dater, which sort of works
Starts with S: Spoonerized or un-spoonerized? Eh, why not. War Stars! (pronounced Wahhr Stores and sung to the theme)
Takes place on water: Definitely a tough one... well, a tough one when figuring in spoonerisms. Hmm... apparently there was a movie just called Sue Blea, which is incredibly bland, but hey, it works
Uses time as currency: Tin Ime! I'm kind of surprised that this popped up as an auto-complete option since I can't think of any other movies with a similar premise
Violates physics: There are so many action movies that throw physics out the window, but I want to make an interesting spoonerism, so I'll pick Santum of Quolace. Have fun pronouncing that
Will make you cry: I think my gut response for this question will always be Lindler's Schist
You must see: This is rather subjective but one of my votes would go to Dr. Horrible's Blingalong Sog
Zach Galifianakis has been in: Again, had to look his picture up, but I thought of Schminner for Ducks
Well that was a fun little adventure through movies. Sleep is definitely calling though. Tomorrow will be Gorgeous Grandma Day and National Hot Dog Day. Ooh, and the first day of Lumberjack Days. Go Jacks!
Wednesday, July 22, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment