Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Random Tuesday: Trip Down Memory Lane

Hey everyone. Like I promised on Sunday, I think it would be fun to think back on the past ten years in blog form. With it being Random Tuesday, let's add in some random questions. Here goes!

What was "something that..."? by year!

2005:
(What was something that) Annoyed you? Having an 8am writing course
Bounced? Mike, my roommate, when he was incredibly energetic or tired
Changed? Well, this was the year I moved to college, so pretty much everything

2006:
Didn't make sense? Many of the topics in Honors Physics II & III
Everyone played? I remember bringing my PS2 and Guitar Hero to the TV lounge and a lot of people playing that
Failed to work? Sophomore year included some general pranks between people on the floor and while I remember the successful ones, I feel like some were a flop.

2007:
Got passed around? The CA duty phone and keys, lovingly referred to as the bumblebee and albatross
Had a screen? The cabins of the summer camp I worked at
I wanted? I remember having some crushes and going on a couple dates, so I'll say a relationship

2008:
Just happened? A summer CA position was created and I was picked as the first one to fill the role
Kept you awake? Well, to be honest, YouTube. The internet at college was tremendously fast so YouTube marathons were so tempting
Lasted forever? A few different memories that came with being an Community Advisor, for better or worse

2009:
Made me happy? Getting the job offer to work at the Missouri Academy
Never stopped? The numbers... those last math classes just didn't stop!
Only happened once? Walking across the stage to get my diploma, even though it was a week before final exams. I am planning to finish another degree, but I'm guessing this scheduling fun won't be an issue next time

2010:
Produced results? The first thing that came to mind was putting a band together for students to play Pomp and Circumstance at graduation. Don't ask me why that was the first thing...
Quenched my thirst? Since I was living in Missouri, I'll say sweet tea
Required a ticket? Going to the Hangar dinner theater when their food was amazing (sadly it went through a few changes over the years and never was the same)

2011:
Stung? Having the students who started at the Missouri Academy the same time I did graduate stung in a bittersweet kind of way.
Took a long time? Over the course of the summer, the basement of my building flooded, my third floor apartment flooded, and then highways nearby flooded. So I'm going to say getting things dried out.
United? Well, I don't know what year it started, but we went through a few years of "being on the cliff of a budget pit" so all of us in the department banded together to slog through that situation

2012:
Vibrated a lot?  I say this with warm affection, but our robots usually incorporating vibrating into some part of its functions. We did go to state though, so that's something.
We did? Waffle parties, which included copious amounts of toppings you would find on ice cream. It was wonderful
You used everyday? I was thinking of physical objects until I realized that the actual answer is puns. I used puns everyday.

(Nothing really good popped up for X or Z)

2013:
Affected you? I won't go into detail, but there were things that popped up in the fall that made me realize that I was ready to start job searching.
Bent but didn't break? The resiliency of the team I was on, because we were definitely one united force and it was awesome
Came in a tube? Despite this being two years ago, this one is surprisingly difficult. Okay, they didn't come *in* a tube, but *as* a tube. Pool noodles! They were for FIRST Robotics and I made sure to order a huge box of them so we would be set for a few years.

2014:
Drew me in? Since I was doing the job search, I was drawn to this position partly from the location (bigger area than where I was at in Missouri, closer to Michelle/family, etc.).
Everyone played? I know I'm using the same question, but the answer definitely changed. This time, it would be League of Legends, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and to Halo 3 & Dark Souls to a less extent.
Felt good? Reflecting back on my time at the Missouri Academy and having all of the awesome memories, as well as getting recognized by different students and staff including the handmade plaque from the FIRST Robotics team.

I think that's an excellent way to wrap up the trip down memory lane.

Tomorrow will be SCUD Day, which is to Savor the Comic and Unplug the Drama. So, take some time to let go of drama and replace it with humor in your day.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment