Wednesday, July 29, 2015

It's the little things

Hey everyone. As we're approaching August and the intensity that comes along with it, I don't want this blog to feel overly repetitive. Yes, there will be a lot to work on as we prepare and then go through RA training, but it's boring to read and there will be nights when I just don't want to talk about work any longer. So, I apologize in advance, but I also want to prevent it from getting to that point.

For example, I don't have much to talk about tonight, but I want to do a little something. So that's what I'll do - talk about little things. Here are five positive little things that happened today:

1. During the summer, one of the directors brings donuts each Wednesday so I got to enjoy one of those.

2. The two new co-workers in the office had very positive things to say about the used game store that I recommended to them.

3. It was actually quite nice weather, with an unexpected breeze/gusts of wind. It would have been perfect outdoor weather as long as there was amble shade.

4. I got to talk about musical theater in my grad class for the second time in two weeks. Last week, it was South Pacific with racial identity development and tonight, it was West Side Story and gender roles. I'm not really familiar with South Pacific, but it was great to talk about West Side Story through a different lens.

5. At the end of the day, I've made progress in both professional and personal endeavors. Yes, I could have done more on both fronts, but I still got things done, which is better than nothing.

Well, that was a nice feeling. I know that it's helpful to reflect on positive things at the end of the day, so I might do this when training gets really stressful. One day at a time though. Tomorrow will be Friendship Day and the most important day of the month... CHEESECAKE DAY!

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment