Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Random Tuesday - FIRST! I couldn't resist

Hey everyone. It's Random Tuesday, so let's jump right in. I don't think I've done this one before, so let's look at some firsts... specifically what was "my first..."?

Apartment: The first apartment I lived in was back in first grade, but the first one that I would say was mine was when I lived in Missouri after college.

Bank Card: My senior year of high school, my mom and I went to the bank in town to get an account set up before I went off to college. It was pretty simple choosing banks since there was only one that was present in my hometown and where I would be going to school.

Car: With the same logic as the apartment, the first car I would call mine was a Ford Taurus I got from my mom after living a few years in Missouri. It had some alternator issues and ended up getting traded in for the car I have now.

Disney Trip: This was also back in elementary school as a Christmas gift from my aunt for my mom, sister, and me. I only remember little bits and pieces (like the Great Movie Ride at MGM) and the rest is pieced together through old photos... wherever they are now.

Easter: Welp. I was about two months ago, so... I'm just going to assume I was brought with to my grandparents since that was pretty much where I went for Easter every year until my schedule in college started getting in the way.

Fish Tank: I've never actually had a fish and I don't have a huge desire to do so.

Gun: It was a bolt-action .22 rifle that I would use for target shooting.

Home: It's the same home I grew up in and my parents have been living in since shortly before I was born, I think.

Interview: I don't think auditions for theater would count, so the earliest one I could think of that felt like an official interview was for the Community Advisor (same as RA) role in college.

Job: Despite my previous answer, I had a few jobs before that point and the first of those was selling fireworks when I was the ripe age of legally selling fireworks but not legally buying them.

Kiss: I was in middle school and it was the end of a date with a girl named Samantha. Dating at that age was weird and I'll just leave it at that.

Love: Oh man, love is such a multifaceted word, so I'll just play it safe and say my mother.

Memory: The trouble with memories is that some can't be tied down to a specific year/age, so it's difficult to try to find the earliest one. I do remember talking with some people who were determining if I should go straight into kindergarten or into pre-K first. There were cutouts that I was identifying by shape and color, so I think that helped my case.

Nature Video: This probably isn't the first one, but I immediately thought of one worthy of America's Funniest Home Videos back in the day. My mom, uncle, sister, and I were out in the woods and a few of us were sitting on a knocked over tree when the tree definitely snapped more and plopped us onto the ground.

Orchestra: Now that is a tough one. I can't think of an exact event but there's a chance there was an orchestra when I was seeing my sister perform in high school. (She was in band, but there was probably something where the two groups came together.)

Pocket Knife (all of the P suggestions were kind of odd): I was in Boy Scouts as a kid and I got a red multi-tool when I started going on camping trips. Never really used it at all.

Quantum Translocator: Oh man. I remember the days of my first quantum.... yeah, let's just move on.

Resume: I'm sure I put something together to correspond to my first interview. I did also start to develop a theater resume in high school/college, although that ended up being more for personal record keeping.

Smartphone: Yet another first with moving down to Missouri, so I certainly grew while living down there. The phone in question was a clunky Blackberry with a scroll wheel. I remember thinking that I wouldn't ever get used to touchscreen devices... that's no longer a thing.

Tweet: I use Twitter pretty infrequently, so it didn't take that much scrolling to find the first one. Here it is: "Hi Twitter. Call me crazy, but I decided to try you out. Let's see how this goes..." On a tangent, how weird is it that there's an official citation method for including Twitter in scholarly papers? That's nuts... and 2015, but still. Nuts.

Ultrasound / United Bank / Uber Ride / Uno: Uhh... I learned how to play Uno sometime in elementary school I'm sure.

Video: It probably would be a nature video since those are the home videos I remember watching as a kid.

Website: This isn't my first website, but one of the first websites I remember visiting was the LEGO website that had a bunch of games. This is also going back to a point where my mom and I were going to an Internet cafe to start learning about the world wide web. Am I sounding old yet? Oh the stories I will share with my grandkids.

X pulled up a few things where exactly zero of them applied to me, so we'll just skip past it.

YouTube Video: I did try making videos for a bit when I lived in Missouri, but I got distracted with work stuff and never really got back on track. Maybe some day again because I think it would be fun (and I do have ideas).

Zoo: That would probably be Paul Bunyan Animal Land, which is pretty close to my hometown. Not a big zoo at all, but still a fun experience for a kid.


Well, that brought up some nice memories. I should share more stories, but it's time to wrap up for today. Tomorrow will be July for one, and Canada Day while we're at it. Also, it will be Second Half of the Year Day because they felt like making a holiday so you knew the first six months were done

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment