Thursday, July 30, 2015

Another short week

Hey everyone. Pardon the pun, but the weeks where I'm not working all of Monday-Friday just feel a little off. If I'm away on Monday, it takes a bit to get back into the swing of which days feel like what, while I'm away on Friday, I feel sort of rushed, but sort of ready for the weekend on Wednesday already.

It's been one of those weeks because I will be driving down to Missouri for a reunion at my old program this weekend. Hopefully I can catch up with a lot of previous students and co-workers. I know it's a little selfish, but I'm also looking forward to visiting some of the restaurants in town.

Of course, I'll have to get to Missouri and this weekend's journey will be via car. The quickest route will be cutting down Wisconsin to get to Dubuque and then across & down Iowa. When I was in Missouri, I had to drive through Iowa to visit family or friends and one of the best words to describe the drive is... wait for it... corn. The highway is such a straight shot and you're surrounded by cornfields for the majority of the state. Sadly, I won't get to see the fields of wind turbines since that's closer to southern Minnesota.

With all of that said, I need to get some sleep because I want to get on the road earlier. There is a cookout tomorrow evening that I'd like to stop by, but as long as I get to Missouri in one piece, it will work out in the end. Tomorrow will be Uncommon Instruments Awareness Day, which I'll actually get to celebrate via music during the car ride.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment