Friday, July 31, 2015

Surreal to be back in Maryville

Hey everyone. Today was a lot of driving, but I ended up making it to Missouri today. Unfortunately, the drive did include a handful of places with some decent construction. There was one small highway that was simply blocked off for a few miles, so I had to do some bobbing and weaving. Hopefully the trip back won't be as... in progress? Of course, let's not focus on that right now.

The day I turned my keys in and moved out of the Missouri Academy was my last day in town, so it was definitely surreal to come back. It was nice to think that I would be seeing previous students/colleagues and not just wandering around campus alone. There were a couple of changes that I've noticed already, but obviously , it's only been a year, so a lot has stayed the same.

I did see some previous students and old co-workers at the cookout, which was really nice. My old supervisor even made the trip down from South Dakota. From what I've been told, there are far more students coming tomorrow, so I'll get to see even more people. I hope that I can find time to chat with the students individually to get a good life update.

Well, I've been falling asleep while writing this in my hotel bed. Today was a long day and tomorrow will be chock full with good things, I'm sure. Speaking of tomorrow, it's a lot of holidays, including Girlfriend's Day, IPA Beer Day, Spider-Man Day, and the World Wide Web Day. (Who still uses the phrase "world wide web"? Your guess is as good as mine.)

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment