Hey everyone. Another Random Tuesday, another set of random questions. Let's jump in!
What is your favorite shirt?
- Oddly enough, I keep a lot of old t-shirts because of where they came from. There's the Star Wars shirt I wore when I went to Chicago to see the traveling exhibit about the original trilogy... There's the blue Math Masters shirt from Math Team that I also wore with MusiCamp activities... There's the gray Bearcat t-shirt that I got from a conference before knowing about Northwest... there are definitely options.
What makes you feel safe?
- In terms of what helps me feel safe now, living on a college campus in a smaller community with a relatively low crime rate, and the fact that it's quiet (aka no nearby hijinks)
What slang word or phrase is most over used?
- Hmm... it's not quite a slang word, but people incorrectly use the word 'literally' a little too often for me.
If you could have one superpower what would it be?
- Being able to speak, write, and listen in every human language, active or dead.
Who was your favorite teacher?
- Some notable ones were Mr. H for AP Calc & Math Team, Mrs. K for English & Drama Club, and Mr. F. & Mr. W with choir and band respectively.
How do you know when you have had too much?
- Too much what? Sometimes I overindulge in something and only notice when I snap out of it. For example, looking at the time or how empty a container of food is. So... don't have a good system there.
When did you come close to death?
- I hit a deer while driving back from a ski trip with students in Missouri. Fortunately, the deer had almost completely cleared the vehicle, but it was still a scary experience.
What is the most dangerous thing you have done?
- Since we're on the subject of deer and the vans when I was in Missouri, I had a different experience where I was driving back from a Robotics competition and there was a point on I-35 right at the Iowa-Missouri border with 5-10 deer just standing on the road. It was just over a small hill so I had to veer out of the way in a shuttle bus (the short kind, but it still had the height of a bus), and this all happened after a long day and it was definitely dark out.
What do you feel strongly enough about to protest?
- Whatever the cause, I would worry that protesting with a sign and everything wouldn't make that big of a difference. There are causes I feel strongly about, like equal rights, education, and environmentalism, but I'm not one to protest.
What makes you happy?
- Spending time with friends/family/Michelle, laughing, playing games, etc.
Who is your favorite Super Hero?
- Captain America for Marvel. Batman for DC.
What is the furthest east you have traveled?
- Dublin, Ireland.
If you had an extra hour every day what would you do with it?
- Let's be honest, I'd probably spend it sleeping.
When in your life have you needed an alibi?
- I don't recall a time where I needed an alibi.
If you could break one law with impunity what would it be?
- Not having to pay for plane tickets? I'd still go through security and that stuff, but being able to fly places without paying a lump of money each time would be pretty great.
What did your father like to cook?
- My dad doesn't really cook that often and there's no 'signature dish' or 'the usual' that he would fall back on.
What food would you starve without?
- I know it's not an exact food, but I would have a very difficult time if I was lactose intolerant, particularly because of cheese and ice cream.
What do you have that is of great value to you but of no value to anyone else?
- I have a little carved wooden box from Russia that has a bunch of different keepsakes and there's this patchwork blanket my mom made me as a way to make sure of old theater/music/etc t-shirts (see what I told you about the t-shirts?)
If you could ask God a question what would it be?
- I think I would go big with something along the lines of "What is the meaning of life?"
Have you ever won a trophy?
- Yes, including theater, show choir, and Boy Scouts. I don't believe I've won a trophy since graduating high school though.
When was the last time you said "I am glad I do not have that job"?
- I didn't say those exact words, but it was when one of my building's housekeepers reported a human waste incident in one of the bathrooms. To help clarify, human waste is basically anything that's in the body that should either stay in the body or get flushed away and not linger.
Do you believe in fate? Why?
- Ooph. That's a big question and my simplest answer is "I don't know because I'm not fully convinced either way."
What would be the very first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
- Pay off the rest of my car loan (assuming that the "first thing" is after taxes are dealt with).
If you could be a professional athlete what sport would you play?
- I was in a youth bowling league when I was younger, so maybe that. I don't exactly have the physique for full-contact/high-intensity sports, so that certainly limits.
Alright, another good batch. Tomorrow will be Information Overload Day, and Reptile Awareness Day.
DFTBA
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment