I can write about specific panels & events at a later date, but one theme that was prominently featured was authenticity. Sometimes, a presentation would have a set goal, but everyone completed these goals in their own way. For example, three different authors were tasked to answer the question "Why do stories matter?" One gave a humorous (abridged) history of storytelling for all humanity, another gave a humorous scientific stab at how narratives create empathy and connection, and the third simply spoke about why everyone has a story that matters.
Another prominent theme is to have fun. Clearly, these well-known authors descended upon Minneapolis for a weekend, but they are having so much fun in their time here. A few of the events included featured guests playing games and telling improv stories and the fact that they were having fun made the experience so much more enjoyable as an attendant.
There are other things I can jump into, but once again, I know I need sleep. Tomorrow will be here before you know it. Speaking of which, tomorrow will be Universal Music Day, World Mental Health Day, and National Family Bowling Day.
DFTBA

No comments:
Post a Comment