Friday, October 23, 2015

A Weird Movie in the Mix

Hey everyone. I don't know if I talked about this before, but I'm trying something with my co-workers where we made a list of movies that we own that everyone else should see. We determine which ones are the most unfamiliar and each month, someone hosts a movie watching at their place.

I hosted today and with Halloween fast on the horizon, we saw Army of Darkness. It's definitely a good mix of horror and comedy and it's just definitely weird. There were a few times with my co-workers were really confused about what's going on. Fortunately they went with it and said they enjoyed the movie.

Now, I'd like to say that I have various movie tastes, but when I was asked to include movies others probably haven't seen but should, I definitely went on the weird side. Some other examples include UHF, Time Bandits, and Cannibal: The Musical!, with the last portion of Time Bandits being the most WTF series of events I have ever seen on film. Army of Darkness is goofy at times and I think I first watched it at the right time to really click with the humor (when I was in middle/high school).

So yeah, it was a good experience and I'm glad it didn't get my co-workers too weirded out. Alright, time to rest up. I want to finish my grad paper tomorrow so I can be done of all class-related things on Sunday. Wish me luck! Tomorrow will also be United Nations Day and Make a Difference Day.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment