Hey everyone. Oh my goodness, where to start? I mean, I can start in general terms and say how the second day of NerdCon: Stories was even better than the first day. Many of the sessions and presentations went deeper into why stories matter, which included discussions of race and mental health. The games and fun activities still went off the wall, including an amazing performance by a theater troupe where they strive to perform 30 plays in 60 minutes. I also got to meet Hank Green, who is basically 50% of the reason why things like this conference, the global community known as Nerdfighteria, and my relationship with Michelle could sprout from in the first place.
At this point, I'm not sure if I should crank out a huge blog post about every session or if I should compile my thoughts into the most powerful moments & messages. Either way, I don't think I could do either justice without falling asleep while typing tonight. I know that waiting runs the risk of forgetting little details, but I do want to give the blog post the time and attention it deserves.
This was my first convention of this manner and needless to say, I want to go to more. Similar to conferences as a CA or even state competitions with Missouri teams, there was so much energy bustling throughout the halls. I even had moments with complete strangers, like talking with a mom that was waiting in line with us so her son could take her place when he finished with a panel upstairs. I do really hope this convention can turn into a yearly occurrence in Minneapolis, but of course, time will tell on that one.
Alright, it's been a long day, so I should wrap this up (and post before midnight for the second day in a row!). Tomorrow will be a lazier day for us since we only need to worry about checking out of the hotel, getting Michelle to the airport, and then driving back to campus. Tomorrow will also be National Coming Out Day, Southern Food Heritage Day, and International Day of the Girl.
DFTBA
Saturday, October 10, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment