Hey everyone. To be honest, there's not a lot that happened today that feels like blog material. It was really nice weather and the fall colors were on point, but it feels too Midwestern to wax poetically about the weather and have that be my blog. I mean, I may end up doing that at some point, but not tonight. So I think I'm just going to pull up another round of questions.
Why do they still make black jellybeans?
- There are enough people that like the flavor and/or would be upset if it went away, just like those chalky heart candies you see on Valentine's Day. Also, cue the Fiddler on the Roof music.... TRADITION!
What is your favorite quote?
- The quote that stands out is one that I have posted on my wall. John Green said in one of his vlogs that "in general - like not just in fiction but in life - it doesn't work out well when someone imagines someone else as a manic pixie dream girl or an Edward Cullen or anything other than a full, complex human being."
What is your favorite Disney Movie?
- Oh man, decisions, decisions. I know they are Pixar, but the two that jump to mind are Toy Story 3 and the Incredibles.
If you were to write a novel what would it be about?
- Good question, especially since I'm contemplating NaNoWriMo this year, which is all about writing a novel (or at least getting one off the ground). I'm really not sure at this point, but I definitely need to ponder this more.
If you could have lunch with anyone living who would it be?
- I would still say that I'm coming off of NerdCon and after already quoting him, I'm going to say John Green.
What was the first thing you ever won?
- In elementary school, I took part in some accelerated programs, and I want to say I was recognized for doing well in chess... relative to the other students who also learned chess within that program.
What was the last peaceful day you had?
- Well, the walk after work today was quite peaceful, but if we're talking a full 24 hours, I do not really remember. (The thing that is catching me is that there can't be much going on at all for a day to be peaceful.)
What do you hate the sound of?
- The high-pitched squeal when TVs or computer monitors are powered on but have a black screen.
What was a life lesson you did not appreciate until years afterward.
- I think that would be the general concept of getting involved, whether that was theater, music, or other things to help me grow outside of sitting in a classroom.
If you could see any deceased musician perform who would you chose?
- If we're going classical, Pavarotti as part of the Three Tenors (which apparently had their last concert together in Columbus, Ohio). If we're going rock, Freddie Mercury as part of Queen.
How has the internet affected you life?
- It's helped me stay connected with people who are important to me, learn more about the world, share my interests, and find new people to bring into my life.
If you could add a 32nd flavor of ice cream what would it be?
- I ended up looking at the ice cream flavors with Baskin Robbins, so I'll say apple cinnamon.
If you could live at any time in history when would it be?
- You know, I'm pretty set with how things are going now. Yes, we're far from perfect, but I am a creation of my surroundings and there's value to keeping me here and hopefully having the power to change my surroundings, rather than always vice versa.
What is your favorite childhood picture of yourself?
- There's a baby picture when I was in a high chair and my parents' dog was looking up at me. I don't know, it just seems like a nice picture.
What dish do you cook well?
- Heh heh heh. I mean, I did cook Thanksgiving dinner for student staff last year with an actual turkey and various fixins. In terms of stuff I've made more than once, uh... stuff crescent rolls?
What junk food is your weakness?
- Ice cream
What song makes you want to dance?
- "Uptown Funk" by Bruno Mars
What goals do you have for your family?
- Current family or an implied future family? Be supportive, be caring, and be open to the complexities of the world.
How many e-mails do you get in a day?
- Let's see, 10-20 for work, 10-15 for personal, 2-3 for grad school.
What activity did you used to do as a child but no longer do?
- Sad to say it, but being in plays and music groups. Okay, I did some of those things through high school and others through college, but I haven't done that stuff for years and I really wish I could change that.
What is the unhealthiest thing you have eaten?
- When in doubt, it's the first thing that pops to mind. In this case, that would be a Juicy Lucy, which was delicious for the record.
If you could remodel one room in your house what would it be?
- The pantry connected to my kitchen so then I could put in a little washer and dryer. Boom!
Alright, it's definitely time for some rest. Tomorrow will be Dictionary Day, World Food Day, and World Student Day.
DFTBA
Thursday, October 15, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment