Sunday, October 25, 2015

A Day without Timed Obligations

Hey everyone. Well, like I said yesterday, today was the deadline for the final piece of my leadership class. I'll admit that I stayed up way too late last night but after I turned it in, I got a few hours of sleep and really kept the rest of the day open for whatever.

Like I mentioned on Facebook, today I felt compelled to both do all the things (be incredibly productive on personal matters) and none of the things (take a lazy day). I ended up settling in the middle by going grocery shopping and taking a really long way around town (including over the bridge to the nearby park) and spending other parts of the day just relaxing and watching videos. Overall, it was a really nice day.

Okay, wow. I just had this thought of what to write about next, but it is alluding me. Oh right. One of the biggest reasons today was really nice was that I let go of nearly every obligation. Obviously I ate (went out to a nice lunch in fact) and other necessary daily activities, but I didn't care about how the rest of the day went. I finished my lunch at BWW's, but lingered to watch the rest of the Vikings/Lions game. I walked into Target and let myself truly wander before getting groceries. I then thought about how abysmal my pedometer was yesterday, so I just decided to walk. In all of those cases, the fact that I wasn't checking a watch or feeling rushed to pay and leave meant that I could enjoy the time a little more.

 Alright, I suddenly got very tired, so I'm going to go with the feeling. Tomorrow will be Lung Health Day and National Day of the Deployed.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment