Thursday, October 22, 2015

Little Bug(ger)s

Hey everyone. I have a riddle for you. What's orange and really annoying?

Those little beetles that look kind of like ladybugs but definitely aren't.

Okay, next riddle. What prompted me to call Facilities and have a housekeeper come by with a vacuum & bug spray?

If you guessed a decent number of those same little terrible orange beetles, then you win! Your prize is this cookie that's sitting on my desk, but since it would go stale by the time you would get here, I'm going to eat it now. Before it gets stale and all. Be back.

Anyway, there has been an influx of the beetles the past week and I tried to just ride it out until I saw a clump of them on my bedroom curtains. It was a little gross but at least it was early enough that they weren't moving around much.

Now, I'm not the type of person who thinks all bugs/insects/etc are inherently gross. Granted, my perception easily changes if the critters are flying around me and more specifically, my face, but if a bug is just chilling somewhere, it's not a guaranteed problem. However, this is my apartment, aka my home where I can come unwind and disconnect from the world if I so choose, rather than have visitors that make little thuds when they fly into things and then fall onto other things.

So a housekeeper did come by and even though there are more that came into the apartment over the afternoon/evening, it's a notably smaller number. Fortunately, I have my own vacuum so I can suck them up whenever I so choose (within reason for quiet hours), but I should invest in some bug spray.

By the way, can you tell I'm ready for the weekend? Okay, to be honest, today was pretty good, with the unexpected time of answering student questions about resumes and job searching. Combine tonight with some RAs showing interest in attending OPE and I think it's time to pull out my own resume to both use it as an example and make sure my digital copy is a little more updated than before.

However, that isn't happening now because I need sleep. Tomorrow will be National Mole Day and TV Talk Show Host Day.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment