Hey everyone. I feel like I've written about this before, which seems fitting, but we as a species are creatures of habit. Some of us are more inclined, but I think there's a comfort in consistency. I think of habits in terms of having time commitments that occur at a given time on a certain day of the week, but I know human habits can include how you dress yourself in the morning and what you order when you go out to eat.
So then, it can be pretty difficult to try to break a habit, even with conscious effort. It's probably better to think of it as creating a new habit, but either way, it's not fun. After five years in Missouri where my main work hours are 4pm-midnight, I often don't get tired until late into the night. This makes getting up and in my office at 9am such a treat, not to mention special early morning events like the one on Wednesday.
I do want to shift my sleep schedule sooner and have it stick, but I know that comes from consciously closing down my computer, turning off the lights, etc. Plus, I want to do more in my evenings to personally better myself, even if that comes down to cleaning and reading more. I guess what I'm saying is that I really wish there were more hours in the day, but barring a change in the space-time continuum, I just need to make the most out of what I have.
Alright, time to get some rest. Hopefully tomorrow will be better than the rough morning I had today. Tomorrow will be National Chess Day, Silly Sayings Day, and International Moment of Frustration Scream Day... so I have that going for me if need be.
DFTBA
Monday, October 12, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment