Hey everyone. I think I should stick with tradition and do another Random Tuesday blog. So, let's keep on the random question track with another batch. Here goes!
What do you like about your job?
- I'm still learning a lot from the position, I'm able to adapt the job to my style and interests, and I get to work with some awesome students. Plus, it's a pretty nice commute.
What is your favorite picture of yourself?
- Hands down, there's a picture with three of me in the hallway of the Missouri Academy. One of me is a secret agent type, while the others are guards. If we know each other via social media in the past five years, you've probably seen the photo.
Do you have any hidden talents?
- If they are, they are hidden so well that I don't know them either.
How do you like to spend your spare time?
- Gaming of all types, photography, and trying to explore new places in the area (little bit by little bit).
Where were you in life 5 years ago?
- I was starting my second year at the Missouri Academy with the same professional staff as the previous year (which was pretty unheard of). There were definitely many questions unanswered, but at least I had a year's experience under my belt.
What do you love the sound of?
- On a summer night, either a thunderstorm or a train off in the distance (both childhood memories).
What is the stupidest thing for a couple to fight about?
- I would say something really insignificant and petty in the grand scheme of things. So something like how you hang the toilet paper roll or fold socks.
What was the last thing that you lost and later found?
- If losing something for any length of time is allowed, then I've misplaced my phone on more than one occasion in the past month. If we're talking a little longer, I'd have to say one of my grad school textbooks, which is not fun.
When was the last time you went barefoot in public?
- During RA training, we did these sloppy activities and while I got immunity as the photographer, I didn't want to get the insides of my street shoes wet.
What is the saddest movie?
- Schindler's List, although I've only seen it once. I remember it really hitting me at the end when the reenactment ended and it went to actual footage of actual Holocaust survivors.
Where is the highest you have been and not in an airplane?
- I'm not good with sea level, so let's talk about my relationship to the ground. Some contenders are fire towers and castles, but the highest would be the rooftop of my residence hall, which was 13 stories tall. I mean what?
Why were you given your name?
- First name is Biblical because large Catholic family. Middle name is for an uncle who I never got to meet.
Who was the best boss you ever worked for?
- Neal, who was my boss for the second half of my time at the Missouri Academy. I literally took his place when I started, so he was very familiar with the whole program and he helped push me in the right ways. Plus he did so much to make the job fun and he got it. I know that sounds cryptic, but I mean, he was just in tune with people around him.
What makes a house a home?
- Even if you're renting, the feeling that you are in control and have ownership of the space. When life is chaos, home is where you can get away from it all.
What is the longest you have been without sleeping?
- 40 hours, thanks to a birthday party in high school at a state park, where a few of us just stayed up all night. It made for the best game of bocce ball ever and needless to say, I was quite loopy in the end.
What monthly bill do you think is the best value for the money?
- Due to my job, I have very few monthly bills, which don't include rent or utilities. In terms of the bills I do pay, I'll say my phone bill has the best value based on how often I use the phone.
What was your first paying job?
- Selling fireworks at my aunt's gas station when I was the ripe age to sell fireworks but not the ripe age to buy them.
What habit would you like to be able to break?
- Staying up way too late. Since the Missouri Academy job hours were 4pm-midnight, I know it's a process, even after a year. However, there are nights when I just don't get tired and have to force myself to sleep at *cough cough* o'clock. Don't worry - tonight is not one of those nights.
What part of your life do you need to take more slowly?
- My personal time, with my self-care time more specifically.
What company do you think has a bad name?
- Now these random questions are the reasons I like this website I got these all from. However, I can't seem to think of a company with a bad name.
What was your favorite childhood toy
- Either my Legos or my Star Wars collection, which included a lot of action figures. There also were Star Wars Legos in case you were wondering.
Who attempts to impress you?
- Ooh. See, another good question, especially since impressing others was included in a question before. Hmm. I think there are some RAs that try to impress me, but I'm hoping that's not my ego coming into play.
What small business would you like to start?
- Hmm... something to do with gaming or theater, but I would need to think about it more.
Is there such a thing as too much chocolate?
- Yes, because tummy aches from too many sweets are definitely a thing.
Well, that was another nice set of questions. There are one of two that feel like repeats, but overall, I really like the variety. Tomorrow will be Walk to School Day. You know what I'll be doing tomorrow!
DFTBA
Tuesday, October 6, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment