Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Random Tuesday: Memorable movies, books, and classes

Hey everyone. Let's jump straight into the random questions:

What is your favorite gambling game?
- To be honest, I'm pretty sure the only gambling game I've played is bingo at some community centers, which did require an entrance fee and have cash prizes.

Would you rather be rich or healthy?
- Healthy, hands-down.

Would you like to know the day you are going to die ahead of time?
- Whipping out the existential questions kind of early, huh. I feel like if I would know, I would try to stop whatever would happen and end up causing my death in a different way... unless I knew it was a "peacefully in my sleep" way...

What is a truly great black and white movie?
- It's not completely black and white, but you know I have to pick Schindler's List.

What is the funniest movie that you have ever seen?
- Oh man, big decision. My first answers included some odd movies I watched in college like Cannibal: The Musical and Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter. I don't think I could ever pick one movie that is definitively funnier than every other movie, but those were certainly entertaining.

Has reading a book ever changed your life?
- Yeah, I think so. I can't quite put it into words, but I think reading The Giver as a kid changed how I saw the world.

What was your New Year's resolution this year? How long did it take you to break it?
- Well, I had a few resolutions, but the one that's been the most successful is blogging here daily. I don't remember how long until I missed a day, but I'm pretty sure I've only missed two.

What colors do you like to dress in?
- Earth tones, to be honest. So greens, blues, browns, tans, etc.

What was the last thing that made you feel like an idiot?
- Realizing I was about to drive to Wal-Mart to pick up things for an all-building program and that I still hadn't put my purchasing card back in my wallet.

What would you consider the most influential book of all time?
- I mean, for better or worse, I think the Bible will certainly be up there.

What was the longest you've ever waited in
- I'm going to guess this should end with "line?". I don't remember specific times and I know it's a default answer, but I'm sure it was at Disney World.

Have you ever been in a food fight?
- Of course I'm thinking of the scene from Animal House and I certainly haven't been a part of anything like that.

What is your favorite breakfast food?
- There are way too many good choices coming to mind. However, I'm going with a tried and true food: the waffle.

Where were you on September 11th 2001?
- I was at school (9th grade) and it was 1st hour Keyboarding when we heard and subsequently saw the news. I remember little moments in the day although most of it is a blur now.

If you could live in any home on a television series, which one would it be?
- Ted's apartment from How I Met Your Mother would be pretty sweet.

What was the most interesting biography that you have read?
- I am drawing a blank on if I've read any biographies. I feel like I have, but I can't think of any. I could stand to change that.

Have you ever been stung by a bee?
- Fortunately no, and I'm perfectly fine with keeping it that way.

What was the most memorable class you have ever taken?
- Ooh, another good one. Okay, band and choir are easy winners, so let's come up with some more. If we're talking high school, AP Psych with runners up of AP Calc and Fantasy Writing. If we're talking college, it could be a race between Cryptology, ASL, and Acting for Non-Theater Majors.

What is your favorite book you read as a child?
- My mom read me Little House on the Prairie books, but I needed to read it myself, I enjoyed the Hardy Boys series.

Alright, another nice set of questions. Oh, I did get my little Christmas tree set up today, so it's a nice touch for the season. Tomorrow will be Special Education Day, National Mutt Day, and the Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment