Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve traditions

Hey everyone. Merry Christmas Eve to you all! I did look up today in my holiday calendar and saw that it was Egg Nog Day as well. Christmas Eve isn't a huge song and dance with my parents and me, but there's still some tradition.

Okay, there wasn't any sort of tradition about the daytime, especially since my mom typically has to work. (Fortunately, I can always find time to wrap presents.) It is tradition to go to evening church and then come back for snacks and unwrapping presents. I brought a bottle of Christmas wine from Door County, which worked well with the little eggrolls, spinach & artichoke dip, and sweets. Like I said, not a huge production, but still nice.

We've always unwrapped our presents tonight because tomorrow is usually spent with my mom's side of the family and we don't haul presents for each other (my parents, sister, and me) down to the family gathering in order to bring them right back. I got some pretty neat stuff including some games and some items that I hope to incorporate into han photos at some point.

We do also typically watch Christmas movies while unwrapping presents, and it was A Christmas Story this year. Dad brought out the little leg lamp I got him last year after visiting the Christmas Story House/Museum so I'm glad he got a kick out of that.

To be honest, I feel like I'm rushing through a lot of potential stories in order to write this entry quickly. Tomorrow will be a long day of course, but it should still be fun. If I think to come back to this post, I can try to write about the following:

- why I like the song pairing of "Silent Night" and "Night of Darkness"
- the year A Christmas Story mirrored a present of mine (and it wasn't a BB gun)
- music at the Christmas mass

Alright, hopefully I can come back to those ideas, but for now I need sleep. Tomorrow is Christmas (duh) and the other holidays were related - Christmas Pudding Day and A'phabet Day... because it's No "L" Day... Noel Day... heh. Anyway, I wish you all a happy whatever-it-is-you-celebrate and make sure to take time for yourself one way or another

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment