Saturday, December 26, 2015

Lazy Post-Christmas time

Hey everyone. It should come as no surprise that today was both the day after Christmas and a Saturday.... so it was a lazy day. My dad and I went to the mall to pick up some calendars and it was about as I expected - plenty of people but nobody going too gungho on deals. Every year, the calendar kiosk has a 50% sale starting the day after Christmas in order to get rid of as many 2016 calendars as possible, which makes sense.

After that, I ended up walking a little downtown on my own, stopped by a few shops, and then stuck around the house the rest of the day outside of evening mass. There is part of me that feels like I should be doing more when I'm here, whether that's going through my own belongings or doing more active things with friends or my parents. On the other hand, it's a vacation for a reason, since I do really need to take time for myself and just relax. It was nice to go to brunch with my dad today and my mom and I are planning to see Star Wars tomorrow, so I'm still having that time with each of them.

Well, in a similar tone to the previous two nights, it's late, my parents already went to sleep, and I still have to move some dogs from the living room to the kitchen for the night. So I should wrap up and get to bed. Tomorrow will be Howdy Doody Day and Visit the Zoo Day, although I can't see myself celebrating either of those holidays, to be honest.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment