Monday, December 14, 2015

and now some Would You Rather's?

Once again, there's not much I want to blog about based on today, so it might just be time for more random questions maybe? Clearly I'm drawing on that go-to more often, so I'm going to try to change it up as the week progresses. Oh hey, the website I've been going to for random questions has a "Would you rather" section. Let's do some of that!


Would you rather, give up all alcohol for the next 30 days or have to butcher your own meat for the next 90 days?
- It sucks that Christmas and New Year's would be affected in either scenario. Then again, I'd rather tell my college friends I'm not drinking than explaining why I have chickens and cows with me to my cousin. So, Choice A.

Would you rather have a boring repetitive job that paid $90,000/year or an engaging job that you really enjoy but it pays $45,000/year?
- Both would be a big pay increase and as long as I could afford living expenses, then Choice B hands down.

Would you rather have the details of your romantic life be made into a hit sit-com or have every one you meet know your personal finances?
- I'm going to say Choice B for a few reasons. First off, definitely don't want to have my laundry aired out on a hit TV show. Also, I feel like knowing that others know my finances would be a level of accountability. I'd basically have to make every decision knowing that everyone I meet would find out. Okay, that's a lot of pressure, but still Choice B.

Would you rather have a photographic memory or gain an extra 40 IQ points?
- An IQ test only measures intelligence in one way, compared to the multitude of ways intelligence plays out in everyday life. Compare that with a photographic memory, which would be awesome, and I'm going with Choice A.

Would you rather stay in a luxury hotel free of charge for one year or have a chauffeur driven limousine free of charge for one year?
- I'm not sure if I'm doing this right because after I consider the novelty of several of these questions, I think about it for ten seconds and realize "oh yeah, clearly this one is much better for me". In this case, it's the limo since that would mean free gas & parking and I could do stuff like read or play games while I've going places. Plus I would feel weird staying in a hotel room for so long without various stuff. So Choice B.

Would you rather have two tickets to this year's super bowl or two seasons tickets to the NFL team of your choice?
- Choice B. I could see more games, potentially travel a little bit more, and I think the Super Bowl would be too hectic for my tastes.

Would you rather have your first child when you are 19 years old or when you are 45 years old?
- I may have only lived through one of these years so far, but I will say Choice B no question.

Would you rather have a photographic memory or be able to forget anything you wanted?
- For some reason this one sticks out as really thought-provoking. As previously mentioned a photographic memory would be awesome since you can retain so much information. Then again deliberate forgetting means you can forget the really gross stuff that gives you the heebie jeebies years after it happened. You could also experience a movie, book, TV show, video game for the first time all over again, which would be awesome. Then again, there are more potential ethical downsides to deliberate forgetting, so I'll stick with Choice A.

Would you rather be unable to see for one day or unable to use your phone for one month?
- If I could choose the time period in question, I think I could make a 24-hour blindness work out, especially if Michelle is around. If instead it's a random choice for when or it starts as soon as I answer this question, then Choice B because computers.

Would you rather go 30 days without refined sugar or 90 days without caffeine?
- Obviously both things are a part of a lot of food/drink, but since I don't regularly drink coffee or pop, then Choice B seems more much more manageable.


Alright, time to wrap up for the night. Tomorrow will be Bill of Rights Day and Cat Herders Day.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment