A nice thing about being a Hall Director during Finals Week is that my schedule is very open, since I'm not holding one-on-ones with my staff, having a staff meeting, etc. On the flipside, the open schedule seems to go by faster and then I realize today that we're nearly done with the week, which of course means we're nearly done with the semester, which is still nuts.
Tomorrow will also be very open-ended for my schedule, but I at least have a few projects I can work on. (Plus Intensive Quiet Hours ends at noon so I can blast music when I get back from lunch. I mean, not fully blast music, but still have it on at a decent volume.) We'll have an all-staff banquet/get-together tomorrow night, a smaller staff gathering in my apartment and then prepping to close the building on Saturday. Again, it feels like we're just flying by and it could very well take until Christmas Eve before I register that we're not in the fall semester. Driving somewhere with actual snow will help in this regard too. I'm just glad I'll have a couple days to pack and clean before I leave campus for a couple weeks.
Well, that's where I'm at today and I've been dozing off a couple of times this evening, so it's off to bed with no further delays. Tomorrow will be National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day and International Migrants Day.
DFTBA
Thursday, December 17, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment