Hey everyone. Since it's Random Tuesday, I think another set of questions is in order. Let's go!
(After glancing over today's set, I think I've answered a few before, but I'm just going to go with it.)
How is your commute into work?
- Awesome, wonderful, incredible, I love it... aka it's walking down a flight of stairs.
When have you been lucky in business?
- Hmm... well, I happened to go car shopping on the 31st of a month so the guy at the dealership gave me a better deal than what I probably would have gotten otherwise.
When was an embarrassing time you lost your wallet?
- I can't say I've lost my wallet that often so there's not embarrassing stories. I did lock myself out of my office earlier this year and had to find one of the housekeepers for my building to let me back in.
What American city does not deserve a place on the map? Why?
- Well that's a mean thing to ask. There are some weird names out there, but I'm not going to say the cities don't deserve a place on the map. I will say that the fact that a city in Texas is named Earth is just weird... but true.
What was the best complement you have ever received?
- I'm going to embrace the spelling usage error and go with last Thanksgiving when I made dinner for the students that were staying on campus and some of them brought rolls and dessert. Okay, it's not the best example, but I wanted to be cheeky. :-P
Do you believe everything happens for a reason?
- I know it's a different approach to the question/concept, but I think that we can draw meaning and learn something from everything that happens... if that makes sense.
What three adjectives best describe you?
- Social, Nerdy, & Punny (oh SNAP)
If you owned a luxury yacht, what would you name it?
- I'd probably name it after some ship like Serenity, Normandy, or Heart of Gold.
What is the biggest indication that someone is a nerd?
- I mean, going from yacht naming to referencing Firefly, Mass Effect, and Hitchhiker's Guide is a pretty good start. ;) Seriously though, I think one take on the word 'nerd' is being very enthusiastic and invested in some type of thing, whether it's games, movies, or sports. So anyone can be a nerd and have that mean something unique to them (& show itself to others in a unique way too) .
What food did you love as a child but do not eat now?
- I feel like I've used this as an answer for a different Random Tuesday question before, but it's been a long time since I've had porcupine meatballs (made with not-porcupine).
What is your favorite movie line?
- "It's 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." "Hit it."
(Another result of the "first thing that comes to mind" method)
What are two things that you consider yourself to be very good at?
- Some tabletop games and making puns.
What are you looking forward to this weekend?
- Hopefully tabletop gaming with friends, but more importantly, being done with a lot of work stuff this week and my grad class!
Is there anything that you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances?
- Do invasive medical procedures like a surgeon. You could say I get squeamish around actual blood and you'd be correct.
How
you are feeling today and phrase it in the in the form of a weather
report. (For example, partly cloudy, sunny with a chance for showers,
etc.)
- Looking ahead to tomorrow, we can expect some gray skies as there's a lot coming our way. Once we get past the next few days, we'll have a very sunny weekend.
What celebrity irritates you the most?
- Here's what I'm going to do. Rather than name a specific person, I'm going to say "that one". You know the one I'm talking about right? Especially when they got in the news about doing that stupid thing that a non-famous person would get ridiculed or maybe even arrested over. Or saying that incredibly stupid thing that was so closed minded and you just want to sit that person down and ask them if they hear the words that coming out of their mouth. The best part is this answer seems timeless because there will always be some celebrity doing something irritating as the years go by.
What is a good thing happening in your life right now? What makes it good?
- I'm happy with the city/area I'm living in because there are things to do and places to explore, but it also doesn't feel too overwhelming or daunting of a place to be.
Where is your family blood line from?
- Germany and Belgium mainly. Otherwise, a slurry of Western Europe, I'm sure
When you where a child, did you ever run away from home?
- No, I can't say I ever remember doing that.
If you talked in your sleep what secrets are you afraid you might reveal?
- How I'm still struggling to take care of those responsibilities that come with being an adult
Would you volunteer to be one of the first colonists on Mars if it meant you could never return to earth?
- No, I would never be ready to leave my family and friends and going to Mars would seem like such a giant risk at this point, regardless of any plans of returning.
Would you rather have $50,000 free and clear or $150,000 that is illegal?
- I'm going with the smaller amount that's in the clear so I don't have police knocking at my door
If you could change careers tomorrow what would you do?
- If we imagine a scenario where the school here just stops being a thing (and I couldn't go back into higher ed), but I have my experience, skills, and funds, I feel like I'd try to get some administrative job while taking time to figure out what on Earth (not Texas) to do next.
Alright, I've been dozing off while thinking about these questions, so I definitely need sleep. Tomorrow will be International Anti-corruption Day as well as Weary Willie Day, which is in honor of a famous circus performer.
DFTBA
Tuesday, December 8, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment