Hey everyone! Even though it's Friday, I feel like doing something ala Random Tuesday because I don't feel like talking about my day or some random topic. Let's roll!
I wanted to re-visit Google auto-complete for today's entry, but wanted to try something a little different. So, I'm going to answer two questions: "If you had to get rid of a type of *BLANK*, what would it be?" and "If you could only have one type of *BLANK*, what would it be?" Since these prompts are pretty specific, I'm going to use the phrase "favorite *letter*" to determine the words to go inside the blanks.
I know these questions are kind of related, but maybe I can use my thoughts from the first one to help with determining my second answer. Let's just jump right in!
"If you had to get rid of a type of ______...
"and if you could only have one type of _______, what would each be?"
Appetizer:
Get rid of - Fried Zucchini and/or Mushrooms
Choose one type - Spinach & Artichoke Dip OR Cream Cheese Wontons
Book:
Get rid of - "Get Rich Now!/Win the Lottery Today!" books
Choose one type - Fantasy. Gotta have the escapism.
Color:
Get rid of - Oranges unless the fruit goes along with it. Then I'd go with puce
Choose one type - Greens
Dessert:
Get rid of - Carrot Cake
Choose one type - Ice Cream
Eye Color:
Get rid of - Red because it's creepy?
Choose one type - Green
Food:
Get rid of - I could be cheap and say foods that I don't like and don't eat already. To say something I already eat/enjoy, I'll say beef.
Choose one type - Pasta
Game:
Get rid of - Apples to Apples (Sorry to the fans. It just felt way overplayed in college)
Choose one type - Definitely a difficult decision. Tonight, I'll go with Munchkin.
Hobby:
Get rid of - Painting (I don't do it often and when it happens, it's pottery, but I still enjoy it.)
Choose one type - Tabletop Gaming
Ice Cream:
Get rid of - Rocky Road
Choose one type - Mint Chocolate Chip
Joke:
Get rid of - Elaborate Stories followed by a Weak Punchline
Choose one type - Puns. Duh.
Kid Movie:
Get rid of - Cash-In Christmas Specials
Choose one type - Disney/Pixar
Love Song:
Get rid of - "I Will Always Love You"
Choose one type - "I'd Give It All for You" (Songs for a New World)
Movie:
Get rid of - Horror, especially the ones focusing in shock value
Choose one type - Comedy
Nintendo Character:
Get rid of - Going through the roster of characters in the Super Smash Bros series, Roy from Fire Emblem
Choose one type - When it comes to Super Smash Bros, Samus/Mario/Lucas depending on the system. Overall.... Link.
Old Movie:
Get rid of - Not sure how to relate this to a genre, but ones with slow pacing
Choose one type - I said comedy two prompts ago, so I'll say war movies.
Party Food:
Get rid of - Veggie Trays. It is a party after all.
Choose one type - Chips & Dips OR Desserts. Tough decision
Question:
Get rid of - The kind where you ask just because of societal norms, not caring about the answer (like I talked about a few blog posts ago)
Choose one type - The kind that helps you learn about someone else's story/past
Ringtones:
Get rid of - The quiet, peaceful ones. I need something to jolt me alert, not lull me to sleep!
Choose one type - Clips from music/movies/video games/TV/etc.
Salad:
Get rid of - Pasta Salad
Choose one type - I know it's similar to pasta salad, but Potato Salad (followed by Caesar Salad).
Time of Year:
Get rid of - That part of "spring" right after the false hope of warmer weather where it snows again and there's a lot of grumbling
Choose one type - Late Summer/Early Fall
US Vacation Spot:
Get rid of - Tourist Traps
Choose one type - Interactive Museums (Shoutout to City Museum in St. Louis!)
Video Game:
Get rid of - Stealth-based games
Choose one type - Action/Adventure. No, Puzzle. No, Strategy. This will take a while.
Websites:
Get rid of - "Learning about this topic will blow your mind! Just kidding, it's a slideshow where every picture is its own slide!!!"
Choose one type - Take it as you will, but social media, because you can see so much of what other people create, whether it's videos, art, design, etc.
Xbox 360 Feature:
Get rid of - Wifi Capability.
Choose one type - Xbox Live, aka online gaming with people across the world.
YouTube Channel:
Get rid of - Music Videos
Choose one type - Vloggers and/or Let's Play gamers
Zzzzz:
Get rid of - Early morning responsibilities
Choose one type - Lazy evenings where it feels like time stops being a concept, even for a short while.
I know it was fairly brief, but hey, at least it was something interesting to think about. Tomorrow is Free Comic Book Day! It's also Roberts Rules of Order Day and World Naked Gardening Day, but you probably *shouldn't* put all of those together.
DFTBA
Friday, May 1, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment