Hey everyone and happy Star Wars Day! Today is such a wonderful holiday because it combines an awesome nerdy thing with a wonderful pun. Even if you sigh when you see puns, you have to admit, you will always remember when Star Wars Day is.
So, Star Wars is important to me because it was my first foray into anything nerdy. I remember being so excited after seeing A New Hope for the first time and letting myself get sucked into the universe. I'll admit that my knowledge and love of the universe came from the cinematic universe rather than the extended one, but there was still just a lot to take in. I know that I could go to my parents' house and find my old box of action figures, playsets, and other toys and stuff.
This is random, but one Star Wars thing that I sort of remember is a monthly book series where you would go through the adventure as a Rebel, sort of like a choose-your-own-adventure book. There were also cards for different weapons and vehicles and you would roll dice based on your stats for things like accuracy. Thinking about it now, it seemed like it took so many game elements (except a game board) and smashed them into a book. I think it was some type of subscription service or something because I just remember not doing them anymore.
I will say that I'm definitely excited for Episode VII and I hope it delivers where Episode I didn't. The previews make me think we're going back to the grittiness of the original trilogy and seeing Han Solo for the first time in the trailer gave me chills. Plus, the music is going to be amazing, no question.
I could probably go on about Star Wars stuff (like traveling to Chicago with my uncle to see the special exhibit on the series) for days, but I need sleep. Today was quite the day, but hey, one day closer to finishing the spring semester.
(Tomorrow is National Teacher Day & Cartoonists Day, just so you know.)
May the Fourth be with you!
DFTBA
Monday, May 4, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment