I'm definitely not as loopy tonight, but as a continuation to last night's post, I'm finally past the huge rush of things to do with work. I did some work today, but after Michelle flew in, we were able to spend pretty much the rest of the day just enjoying the face-to-face time. We had a little spontaneous gaming meet-up at Kavarna, where I got to learn Castle Panic (which I will file along with Pandemic and Forbidden Island/Desert under "Co-Op Games you should expect to lose"), in addition to some Guillotine & Sushi Go.
I know I've said this in some shape before, but it's going to be weird when I don't live in a residence hall. I had this thought creep back into my mind while doing laundry. Most of my building is being used for summer housing, but the top floor is completely empty (except one student for a week more) and the floor was obviously very calm and quiet as I walked through to the laundry room. I thought about how, if I move into an apartment, some students may move in or out based on the academic calendar, but others would continue their jobs and lives regardless of when convocation and commencement are. At the same time, it might be nice to be in this environment outside of work since that helps break me from the feeling that everything I do follows this August-July cycle.
I'm really glad that Michelle is here since I need to take time away from work and get some quality R&R. We didn't realize that Monday was Memorial Day while purchasing plane tickets, so Michelle will be flying out Sunday. However, as we talked about our plans for next week, it turns out that both of us will be able to use Monday to individually charge and get a head start to the week (especially for my grad school endeavors).
I'm going to try to do something for them, but I'm very thankful for all of the work my co-workers have been put in over the past two weeks. The other Hall Directors have taken closing by storm, which has included helping me with inspecting spaces and finishing billing this afternoon. Plus, one of our central staff members has done so much with fielding questions and dealing with summer housing placements/adjustments amidst transitioning from the spring to summer semesters. Next week, I'm going to put something together as a way of saying thank you, at the very least.
Not sure what else to say right now, so I should wrap this up. Since it seems like it will be a beautiful weekend, Michelle and I are going to try to plan some outdoor activities, like the local amusement park any Door County. It does look like some rain is on the horizon for Sunday, so I'm just hoping it doesn't want to get ahead of the forecast.
What does tomorrow hold in store... Well, it's Harvey Milk Day, International Day for Biological Diversity, and Heat Awareness Safety Day. It's also Don't Fry Day, but that might be difficult to achieve at an amusement park or festival.
DFTBA
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment