Today was definitely a "relax before things really go nuts" day. After some Gnome Games happenings, I decided "you know, I want to see Avengers: Age of Ultron", so I just went ahead and did it. (I was happy to get a ticket right away and it not being a packed screening.) I definitely enjoyed the movie, but there are definitely things I would want to discuss with someone else who saw it, so I'm not spoiling anything.
When it came down to it, the name of the game today was "escapism". I have a difficult two weeks coming up, so I wanted to be away from campus and do some fun stuff before that happened. There's also something to said about watching a movie in a theater compared to the distractions that can come from watching it in your own home.
There was a point during the first Avengers movie where I very clearly thought about how I was sitting in a movie theater watching this story. I can't explain why, especially since it was during the big showdown at the end, but it took away from that part of the experience. Fortunately, I didn't have any experience like that tonight. Yeah, I had points where I would need to shift in my seat or enjoy the sweet treat I splurged on, but I was still immersed in what was going on on screen.
Even though tomorrow's Sunday, I'm considering just pulling a full day of office time, since it feels like I have a bunch to do. The RA end-of-the-year banquet is tomorrow, and I always appreciate those times where we can reflect over the year. Here's hoping I can get the other tasks accomplished before that point. Tomorrow is Lumpy Rug Day, Public Radio Day, and National Two Different Colored Shoes Day.
DFTBA
Saturday, May 2, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment