Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Silent Escape

Even without the fun distractions of YouTube or Tumblr, I had a packed day from waking up to going to bed. I know I'm a broken record at this point, but there's still so much to do. It didn't help that today was the first deadline day for grad school, so my night was filled with reading and writing discussion posts. Fortunately, all of these posts included a level of introduction, which ended up being a good way to roll into each of the three classes.

I do try to take time for myself, even during the crazy hectic weeks. Some days, that personal time is spent gaming with friends in a coffee shop making jokes based on our character's bad fortunes. Some days, it's playing video games and feeling the nostalgia of re-discovering secrets in the game. Today though, that time was best spent doing nothing. I had to go into town to pick up some gift cards and I had some (unhealthy) fast food away from campus and I just sat there doing nothing outside of eating. It wasn't until I was 3/4ths done that I realized that I wasn't even browsing Facebook or the internet on my phone. It was just a nice getaway, like a long exhale.

Tomorrow's holidays are all patriotic, apparently. We have The Stars and Stripes Forever Day, Underground America Day, and National Chicken Dance Day.

'Merica!

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment