Hey everyone. Due to the time, this is one of those quick entries to just touch base with the collective you. The next two weeks will still be quite busy, but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the week, since this weekend shouldn't be too crazy... I hope/think.
Fortunately, it's been great weather during the day. The nights are still dipping down into cooler temperatures, but it's best to enjoy this weather before it gets too hot. So, part of today was going to a presentation where some seniors reflected at their time in college. I only knew one of the students who was reflecting, but it was awesome to hear stories from all of the students and how coming to college gave them opportunities that made the person they are today.
Reflecting over the semester/year/several years is so important since finals are next week and the semester is wrapping up, so it helps us think back to those positive times throughout recent history. I also like seeing people chuckle when they remember little inside jokes that they shared with someone freshman year. Sharing and reflecting these types of memories is one of my favorite parts of closing.
Maybe I can do a blog entry reflecting on my first year here and in a traditional Hall Director role. I like the idea, but it will definitely need to be after next week. Speaking of upcoming events, I should get some rest since tomorrow is quite busy. Wish me luck!
Tomorrow is National Children's Mental Health Awareness Day and National Day of Reason. Hopefully you can find some time to reflect on one of these holidays (which also includes National Day of Prayer and National Barrier Awareness Day).
DFTBA!
Wednesday, May 6, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment