Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Random Wednesday: More questions for the question pit!

Hey everyone. I know I mentioned this during yesterday's blog entry, but goodness was I tired. I actually fell asleep right before the last two questions. When I woke up, I was semi-dazed and it took me a few minutes to realize "I never finished that entry or published it". I would also start drifting mid-sentence and then I would realize that I was still typing. So I had some gems of answers. I should have left them stay, but I tried to get them all out. If I'm that tired again, I should just leave them in for entertainment's sake.

I think I'm just going to answer another set of questions since the site I'm using has had some good questions.

What song do you sing in the shower?
- I don't normally have music in the shower, but if I sing, it would probably be either from a musical or show choir.

What movie can you quote word for word?
- Word for word is a big hurdle to overcome. Maybe either one of the original Star Wars movies or one of the older Muppet movies.

What job did you have that you would never want to work again?
- During my first two years of college, I worked at my building's dining location. I started out in the dishroom, with duties including spraying off plates and separating silverware and plates. I definitely got a new appreciation for food service workers, a disdain for syrup, and a new smell association. (There was a distinct smell I would have on me after a long shift.)

What Olympic sport would you like to try?
- My first thought was curling because it's a team sport and everyone has their part to play. For some reason, my brain is focusing on winter sports.

What goals do you have for your work?
- Oh man, that is a good question. At this point, my goals would include getting some experience outside of residence life and seeing what I can transfer into after my time here.

What would you want your last words to be?
- I'm hoping that that would happen surrounded by family, so I'd probably want the last words to be "I love you all".

How would you explain love to somebody who had never heard of it before?
- It's not hiding your true self around them. In fact, love is making you want to become a better person because of that other person.

How many e-mails are sitting in your inbox?
- Heh heh heh. Moving on.

If you could go on a vacation anywhere in the US where would it be?
- I'm assuming you're paying for the plane ticket, because I'm going to say Phoenix.

What song do you have memorized?
- Well, I was in choir and theater from fourth grade through college, with high school being a huge surge in music activities. So... many.

What is your favorite thing about winter?
- The calm from going outside and only feeling the chill on your skin yet warmth from inside, seeing the untouched snow, and hearing the crunching as you traverse the white fields.

What goals do you have for your education?
- I'm currently in a grad program, so my goal is to complete my Master's along with the rest of my cohort. At this point, I don't anticipate going for a doctorate. (I may audit some courses, but that's not a big given yet.)

What song defines your childhood?
- Another good question that I don't have a good answer for. Sorry.

Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets? Why?
- Sunsets. There's the pretty colors, the glow of twilight, and let's be honest, I'm awake for a lot more sunsets than sunrises.

If you had your own TV network what would you put on it?
- Game shows, gaming shows (tabletop, video games, etc.), and educational content.

If you could go on a vacation anywhere in Europe where would it be?
- Once again, I'm torn between going back to Ireland and seeing family history in Belgium.

What is the most disgusting thing you have ever eaten?
- I can't think of anything too disgusting, so I'm just going to move forward.

What was the first thing you learned to cook?
- Mac & Cheese from a box.

What job have you been procrastinating?
- Really going through and cleaning/organizing my apartment.

Where is the funniest place you have ever fallen asleep.
- A shuttle bus while riding with students to/from a trip. It's not really funny, but it's probably one of the better spots.

What traditional gender roles do you agree with?
- This is one of those questions that I could spend an entire blog addressing. Hmm... I guess I would agree with the ones related to genetics, i.e. men generally have bigger, stronger bodies and are better equipped for jobs requiring strenuous activity. However, there are people who break that trend from all points on the gender spectrum. I'd have to explore the question more, but my initial thought is "basically none".

What makes you feel young?
- I would say old music from my childhood but some days that makes me feel old instead of young.

What comic strip do you like to read?
- Zits, Foxtrot, and because it has a place in my childhood, Garfield.

Where is the farthest you have traveled from here?
- Dublin, Ireland. If we're sticking in the US, then Phoenix, Arizona.


Oh, I guess that was it. I really like this website since they have interesting questions. (Many other lists felt boring and repetitive.) In terms of tomorrow, Happy October for one. Tomorrow specifically will be CD Player Day, International Music Day, and International Day of Older Persons.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment