Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Random Wednesday - Assorted Questions

Hey everyone. Blame on the shortened week, having my staff meeting on Wednesday, or generally having a lot on my mind yesterday. Any way to pick it, I definitely wrote yesterday's blog entry, got ready for bed, and then realized, "oh hey it's Tuesday". So yesterday was certainly not a Random Tuesday blog by any stretch of the imagination. We'll keep this Random Wednesday pretty simple and pull up some assorted questions. Here goes:

1. What is the wallpaper on your cellphone?

I actually still have the default wallpapers so it's a blue/purple blob mixture when the phone is unlocked, and a multi-colored angular mosaic when locked.

2. Did you get enough sleep last night?

Heh heh heh. Moving on.

3. What do you have handy at your bedside?

My glasses are probably the only guaranteed item since I will sometimes push my phone away from arm's reach before going to bed.

4. Grilled or fried?

I know it's not the best, but I usually go with fried.

5. Are you afraid of the dark?

Without going into too much of a ramble, it depends on if there's a legitimate concern that something else might be out there. (For example, sitting in my apartment is way different than walking down a forest path.)

6. Favorite hangout?

It's a two-fer, but game shops and coffeehouses.

7. First thing you will save in a fire?

After working in housing for six years now, I think I would revert to training mode, which would mean getting out of the building and getting others I see to do to the same. I'd make sure I have my phone, keys, shoes, and hopefully some type of coat (if needed), but I don't think I'd jump back into the danger to grab a specific item. Wow, that was kind of emotionally cold. Let's say things went more like what the question is intending. In that case, I immediately thought of three keepsakes: a scrapbook from Michelle, a blanket from my mom, and a moleskin notebook from my sister.

8. Do you like your handwriting?

Well, it is my chicken scratch and mine alone. Then again, I've started to notice similarities between my handwriting and my dad's over the past few years. It's nothing too momentous, but still enough to make a connection.

9. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?

Okay, convoluted sentence ahead. I think I would think that I worried too much, but otherwise, yes, I think I would.

10. Do you still have your tonsils?

Yep, the only things that have come out of my body at this point are teeth.

11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?

Why yes, I do. It seems like a lot of people I know don't do this, which I find rather odd. Then again, if I'm the only one that's different, who's the odd one?

12. What was the last thing you ate?

A late night snack of mini Chips Ahoy cookies and peanut butter.

13. Do you like people with green eyes?

I think eyes can be captivating in any color, but green does stick out in a good way.

14. What is on your mouse pad?

Uh, my mouse. Oh, probably didn't mean that. I actually have three mousepads and they are the same three since college: a MNDOT library one from my dad, a MATHCOUNTS one from middle or high school, and a UMN one from one of my first years of college.

15. Do you have any plans for tomorrow?

Well, yes and no. Michelle is flying in and unfortunately I have some work things. However, once those things are done, we don't have anything scheduled for the evening. Maybe we'll try out another Chinese place in the area.

16. Until now, what is the moment that you regret the most?

I really try to not live with regrets. I definitely have embarrassing moments, but I know that every decision I've made has led me to this life. This even includes the dumb choices and moments of heartache.

I do wonder how life would be different had I made some other choices, but again, it's not something I regret. The two choices that come to mind are not listening to a music professor (not my instructor) on a band trip and studying abroad in college.

17. What inspires you?

Other people accomplishing amazing things and being awesome people in the process.

18. Which is the best place you have traveled to?

I know I'm a broken record on questions like these, but definitely Ireland. I probably couldn't pick one spot since we were only in a single city for a couple days at most. Even still, it was an amazing experience.

19. What is your biggest pet peeve?

Going off of the first one that comes to mind, circular conversations where the other person insists on continuing the circle.

20. Not counting family or a significant other, who is your closest female friend?

I'm going to say the college friend of mine who is getting married on Saturday, and I'm in the wedding.

21. Are there any causes you strongly believe in?

I would say education, equality, and environmentalism. The big E's, if you will.

22. Are you a heavy or light sleeper?

I've definitely slept through storms and fire trucks before, so I'm going to say heavy.

23. Are you a window person or an aisle person?

Window for sure. I'm not sure if I would still need the window to not get motion sick, but I still enjoy the view.

24. Are you an early riser?

See the answer to question 2.

25. Are you happy with the life you have?

All things considered, yes I am. Definitely.


Alright, that was a nice little adventure. I had to jump around from a few different lists, but I got some good questions. Let's see, tomorrow will be Swap Ideas Day. So, don't steal my idea unless you have a good one worth swapping.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment