Hey everyone. I know today is Random Tuesday, but before we begin, I feel like I should share that I took an adventure this evening. It started with me not getting my TV from the repair shop, and ended with me exploring nearby parks and learning more about the world around me. If I remember, I'll try to talk about this more tomorrow, but it's been a nice feeling to just explore and have new sights pop up out of seemingly nowhere.
Alright, Random Tuesday time. I think we'll just keep it simple and start plugging along with some random questions.
What is your favorite way to kill time?
- To sum it up in one word, gaming. It includes video games, tabletop gaming, and even gaming videos on YouTube. Any way you look at it, gaming can provide many new experiences that time just slips by.
What lessons from the bible can you use today?
- I mean, I think Jesus was onto something when he talked about loving thy neighbor. Also, depending on the situation, even Jesus resorted to whips and flipping tables.
When was the last time you really needed help?
- It is only September still, so I could easily answer "RA Training" or "August". However, the first moment that came to mind was the final week before my big intervention project was due in my Student Development Theory class. I was truly a mess that weekend.
Who taught you to ride a bike?
- My dad.
Who was your favorite teacher?
- Mr. Fettig held high standards and pushed us in order to succeed. On the other hand, Mr. Hewitt was very thorough in his explanations and made sure that everything understood the material before moving on. Then there's Professor Rudaz who is an incredibly brilliant man and has clearly found his life's work by teaching & research.
If you were going to go into business for yourself what would you do?
- Again, going off of what pops up in my gut fist - an event planner including small group vacations. So, I would handle the logistics of a trip & make things as smooth as possible.
If you could ask God a question what would it be?
- How can I stay motivated when the future is so unclear?
When in your life have you had a "now or never" moment?
- Again, going with first answers for questions like this. I've had those types of moments as the week of summer camp was winding to a halt and wanted to tell the girl I had a crush on of my puppy love.
How many passwords do you have memorized?
- Only a handful, which is not perfect, but it's better than five years ago.
Not counting your religion, which religions do you find interesting? Why?
- I find all religions interesting because it's cool to see how beliefs can shape a culture, country, or the world at large.
Where were you in life 5 years ago?
- I was in a little town called Maryville, Missouri, which is 1-1/2 hours north of Kansas City. I was living in my first apartment while at the Missouri Academy and there's a decent chance I would be sleeping.
What part of your life do you need to take more slowly?
- My personal time, in order to give me time to work on personal projects and get stuff done around the apartment.
What do you remember about your Grandfather?
- The wording of this question seems like it's focusing on a grandfather who has passed away. I remember Grandpa being very firm but would let me watch cartoons during a visit. I also have a little casino machine electronic game that he would let me play.
How can you make a difference in your community?
- Find ways to be a part of something bigger than yourself. This could be a club, team, or general worldwide cause. Find people who share that passion and see how you can turn thought into action.
If you were going to get a tattoo, what would it be and where?
- Not really feeling the tattoo, but if this was a necessity, I'd probably go on a shoulder. As to what it would be, I've thought about school emblems, video game references, and music symbols, but I still haven't decided.
What are two things that you consider yourself to be very good at?
- Paying attention to details and helping others out
If you could add a 32nd flavor of ice cream what would it be?
- Okay, this is cheating, but tonight I had mint Mackinac Island fudge custard from Zesty's which was incredible. It's sad that Zesty's is closing for the winter during this upcoming weekend...
When did you realized that Santa Clause was not real?
- I wish I had this big reveal, but I honestly can't remember. It was pretty coincidental that Santa would always know when we were at church before visiting, but I think it was information I just sort of had already.
Who do you try to impress?
- I feel a little guilty by saying this, but in a way, I want to impress everyone. I want others to like and/or respect me and so I want everything I do to be my best effort and show others what I can help accomplish.
Would you use pirated software?
- Depends on the software, but yes (and I think I've done it before).
Which one of your responsibilities do you wish you could get rid of?
- Washing dishes. It's so boring and washing silverware is the worst!
Would you like to know the day you are going to die ahead of time?
- I really go back and forth about this one, but I think I'd be better off not knowing. So, no.
When have you had a small decision bring big consequences?
- It's funny that this is a question because it relates to a discussion topic for grad school this week. It's about lollipop moments where you do something small that turns out to be a huge impact on life. The presenter talked about demystifying leadership and being mindful of our "lollipop moments". Here's the video: http://www.ted.com/talks/drew_dudley_everyday_leadership?language=en#
As for a moment like that for me (well, one that focuses on decisions), I remember applying for Honors housing for the big scary college and not thinking I'd have a chance. I was wrong in that assessment and just going for the extra step in the housing application decided my friend network and the building I would call home for four years.
What do you never what to hear you mother say?
- Oh, there are some doosies, but I'd rather not type them out. Once again, going to gut answers, it would be implying that something bad happened to my father or sister. Other family members would be up there too, but my father and sister and the true gut answer.
Well, these questions were nice. The site I grabbed it from seems have a bunch of question clusters. I smell upcoming blog entries! Anyway, I've been falling asleep answering these questions, so I need to get some shut-eye. Tomorrow will be the Fall Equinox, so happy first day of autumn!
DFTBA
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment