Sunday, September 6, 2015

A Discount Cinema Adventure

Hey everyone. Well, I ended up making today another personal day, which included a trip to the discount cinema across the river. I've been to a couple dollar theaters before and they felt like typical movie theaters that were kind of beat up & outdated. However, the one here has a great sense of character.

First of all, it's probably the smallest theater I've been in because it's just one screen and a concession stand and that's pretty much it. The men's bathroom was upstairs like I would be going up the projection room, but the best part is that the ticket window is outside just like how they are set up in the movies. Wait, hopefully that made sense. Think of the scene in Groundhog Day with the little ticket booth on the sidewalk - that's what this theater had.

I saw from their website that their menu included burgers & pizza, although none of that was in their concession booth. Well, I walked into the theater itself and saw that every row of seats had a built-in table & a menu. I'm not going to say it was this grandiose food selection, but it was still surprising for a discount cinema. (Side note - I'm still not sure what to think about having alcohol in a movie theater.) Oh, and the two employees I had already seen (ticket booth & concessions) walked around the theater during the previews to get orders.

Since I already saw the concession stand and its lack of grills, I'm guessing that the hot food orders went to the pub next door. Whatever the case, it was a good burger too. Add in some chips and obligatory movie candy, and I was all set. I didn't say this yet, but the movie was Inside Out which was very well done. There were definitely "pull your heart-string moments" and it goes to show how a great family movie does more than just appeals to the kids in the audience. (I did feel surrounded by families with little kids, but it was a Pixar movie as a Saturday matinee on Labor Day Weekend, so I have zero room to complain.)

So yeah, that was my outing today. I got to see an awesome movie, get a nice lunch, and candy at a local spot for the cost of what other theaters could charge for just the ticket. I'm definitely going to head there again for seeing some movies this year (especially since they were advertising that Ant Man is coming soon).

Alright, time to get some sleep. Tomorrow should be another relaxed day, although I should try to be a little more productive, especially since I invited my staff for a little movie/game evening. Tomorrow will also be Salami Day, Google Commemoration, and of course, Labor Day.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment