Sunday, September 27, 2015

Harvest Moon Festival

Hey everyone. Tonight was a harvest moon, which is the full moon closest to the fall equinox. The moon gets quite red/orange and whenever someone talks about the harvest moon (and they aren't talking about a video game that's a farming simulation), I think about elementary school. At my elementary school, we had a yearly harvest moon festival and while it probably wasn't the exact night of the harvest moon, I'm sure it was close.

Since this goes back a couple decades, my memory is fuzzy, but the harvest moon festival was a great way to celebrate the fall. Local farmers would bring in some of their crops, there would be different games, and everything would take on an orange/brown color scheme.

In a way, I wonder why this sticks with me as much as what it has. There are many memories that I can't exactly tie down to a specific year and/or time of year. I remember learning how to play chess, making stop motion videos, and helping write and produce a play but those memories seem independent of season. Then there's harvest moon festival, which is pretty obvious on the time of year.

Then of course there's the topic of memories changing and becoming inaccurate over the years. However, I definitely think that's a topic for another time. For now, sleep is definitely in order. It's not going to be this long terrible week (knock on wood), but I should still make sure I'm properly rested. Tomorrow will be National Good Neighbor Day, World Heart Day, & Family Day - Be Involved, Stay Involved.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment