Thursday, March 26, 2015

Time Keeps on Slipping... and yes, I like Space Jam

Time is one of those resources that everyone wishes they had more of. The realization that "oh, it's already (insert something relative to the current time)" seems to be happening more frequently. Spring Break ending and entering into the second half of the semester are pretty typical. On a smaller scale, I almost forgot it was Thursday while having a conversation with an RA. Apparently my mind categorizes all one-on-one meetings with RAs as happening on Tuesday, when it reality, it can feel kind of silly to ask "What can I do to help you this week?" when there's only one day left before the weekend.

That being said, I need to make sure I'm appropriately using my time, both on the clock at work, and left to my own devices in my apartment. I have a couple of time sinks that take me away from more productive work and I need to re-find the balance before grad school starts because I do not want to have to sacrifice a sleep schedule that is already shaky some weeks. Maybe it'll help to blog right after work or set aside time where I need to be away from the computer. All I know is that I need to make the most of my time before I realize "oh, it's already August".

Today starts a few-day celebration about International Sister Cities. According to the Wikipedia page, I've only lived in one city (Minneapolis) with international sisters, although apparently the entire state of Minnesota has a sister "city" of the Leon department in Nicaragua. I feel like there's a good story there.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment