So, there are a couple days to prove me wrong, but I'm glad that Spring Break has felt like... well, spring. We've had the windows open and could hear a shower pass through recently. It's comforting to hear the rain rather than snow fall. I've had a few years where I have to trudge through snow throughout all of Spring Break, so I know it doesn't always live up to its name.
While spring can include a lot of mud and muck, it can also be a really pretty season. My favorite part of spring growing up was seeing the lilac bushes blossom. There was one bush in our backyard, but more impressively, there is a street that goes along the lake that is filled with lilac bushes for blocks. (I should probably note that even though I'm talking about spring, the lilacs usually weren't blooming until April-May-ish, because north.)
Of course, I have seen the image below many times, which is pretty true about the north. Then again, there was a year in Missouri where it just decided to snow in May, so maybe the "north" part isn't as necessary.
With living on a college campus, spring is nice because more students go out and about rather than being cooped up in their rooms. I feel like there's a definite link between weather/temperature and things like roommate conflicts and policy violations. So, I'm glad we're having nicer weather in that regard.
The building has been pretty empty this week, but I've heard some students here and there. The students aren't required to leave, but the vast majority of them have been gone the whole time. It can feel a little weird, but at the same time, the Missouri Academy 100% emptied out for any official breaks, which made the nights just a little bit creepier.
I know I still have the weekend, but this week definitely flew by. It was nice to have more time to myself & relax, but I think I'm ready to dig my teeth into some more of the work projects. For now, though, I'll be enjoying every drop of the weekend that's in front of me.
It's the Vernal Equinox today, which is what inspired this post, but today has quite the collection of other holidays. It's Alien Abduction Day (which fits with me watching Guardians of the Galaxy), French Language Day (I contemplated writing this article in French, but it was missing a... je ne sais quoi), and World Storytelling Day.
DFTBA
Friday, March 20, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment