I've been sitting at the computer and even walking around the apartment and thinking, well, not about a lot. I try to figure out what to blog about and nothing is truly jumping forward. If you've been ready this blog at least semi-frequently, you know that I've written about this feeling before, so it's a little frustrating that I'm at this point again. As a reader, I'm sure you're not ecstatic about reading another post like this again either. So why bother? If the blog gets stagnant then it's not fun to write, let alone read.
Of course, I'm also greeted with the familiar sense of "you should have written this entry earlier, did some tidying up around the apartment, and gotten an extra hour of sleep". In the moment, I seem to enjoy vegging out, but once I realize how often it's happening, that voice comes back. Maybe that's one of those big moments with being an adult - letting that voice be a proactive driving force in your life rather than reactive, or even passive.
It's funny that I wrote about what it means "to adult" yesterday when a vlogger I follow basically talked about the same thing in a video he posted today. This included the idea that everything is always changing, meaning that we as individuals should also be perpetually changing and adapting based on our circumstances. Here, give the video a look-see for yourself.
I know this is getting off-topic (if I had one to begin with...), but I like these kind of videos because the people making them have these truly human moments where you can tell that this is not only advice that they are giving to the camera, but also to themselves. If some well-known individual on YouTube that I regularly watch can say that he isn't sure how to best live out the rest of his life, why should I blame myself for being in the same boat?
Clearly, this is one of those entries when the words floweth over from my brain to the computer and there's no laid-out "theme", if you will. This is probably a good thing since the number one piece of advice to new authors is to write, which is closely followed up by recognizing that early work is going to be crap and that it simply gets better with time. So maybe my blog is the same way. I'm not going to turn it into some epic saga, but hopefully I can use these experiences to strengthen things like critical thinking, and self-expression. Over time, I could become a better story teller or debater, but it's okay to not be at that point yet.
Thinking back to that "be an adult" voice from before, I do want to listen to the voice tomorrow and make the most of my day. Nothing's on the schedule, so I just need to kick myself in gear, since I'm left to my own devices. Wish me luck, because I feel like I'll need it.
Today is Be Mad Day? That's not very nice. It's also Barnum & Bailey Day, for you circus enthusiasts out there. It's also USA Memory Championship... Huh, I did not remember that one.
DFTBA
Saturday, March 28, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment