Sunday, March 22, 2015

Time continues to fly... must have a lot of frequent flier miles

Well, Spring Break wrapped up today. Michelle flew back to Ohio after a slightly elongated layover in Minneapolis, but hey, she made it back safely, which is the important thing. I could definitely tell that students were returning to campus today. Fortunately, no one was really loud in the lobby tonight, but there's a general buzz of activity compared to when the building is empty over a break.

Before Spring Break started, one of my RAs and I realized that many of the upcoming weeks are shorter due to things like Easter Weekend and Advisement Days (there are no classes so that students can meet with their academic adviser and plan out the next semester's classes). It'll certainly add to the feeling that we are rushing towards summer at this point, which is kind of a weird thing to say. At the same time, however, I know it's not that big of a stretch of the imagination. I mean, it's practically April, which is also weird to think about.

Part of me wishes I could have a day or two more to myself so I could sink into some spring cleaning. However, I know I have a lot ahead of me with work this week, so I'll just need to make the most out of my personal time. I just keep trying to tell myself that it's all about little steps and tackling a job one task at a time. Clearly, I'm just in a rambling mood with nothing specific to really go into. Since it is late and I need to get back into the work week routine, I should get some rest.

Today was As Young As You Feel Day and International Goof-Off Day. I think Michelle can attest to the silliness I was portraying earlier, which seems to fit with both of these. Another huzzah for daily holidays!

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment