There's not a lot of new things to say tonight, since a lot of my thoughts are continuations from the past couple of days. I did get a few more things out of boxes, which I think is progress and I'm also starting to wade through my inboxes with countless unread emails. Fortunately, many of the older ones can be deleted since the sales, deals, and specials have expired, but I still have to go through the whole mailbox and do that. So yeah, just trying to make progress one day at a time.
It's pretty fitting that today is "I am in Control Day", if I do say so myself. *looks up information about the holiday* Okay, wait, the holiday is not as simple as the title indicates. Today is actually the anniversary of an assassination attempt on President Reagan that sent him to the hospital and the Secretary of the State trying to jump right up the ladder of constitutional authority. That moment is apparently used as a metaphor "when someone inappropriately attempts to take power or control". (Here's the article that popped up about the holiday from my holiday directory.)
So, I don't think I'm embracing that holiday in that manner. I do feel like I'm taking more control over my personal time and life, which I enjoy. Hmm... another holiday though. Umm... Pencil Day? It's probably the closest fit out of what it's front of me (including doctors, torrents, and metaphors where the grass is actually browner on the other side of the fence rather than greener). So yeah... go pencils!
DFTBA
Monday, March 30, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment