Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Random Tuesday and Not Really Late at Night! Huzzah!

What's this? A blog published before 11:59pm on a given night?? That's right! I'm being proactive, huzzah! Hoopla aside, I wanted to use my early evening hours more effectively while trying this whole "not staying up as late" routine... so... blogging time! Also, Random Tuesday time! I went ahead and found another list of random questions, so here goes!

Best 40 Random Questions You Can Ever Ask Someone 

1. What would be harder for you, to tell someone you love them or that you do not love them back?

The second one, because it would be difficult to confess my love for someone in the first place and it would be really difficult to go back the other way.

2. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up on?

The first thing that popped to mind was the ideal that everyone has the potential to be a force of good in the world.

3. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying?

I would be hesitant about the mouth-to-mouth, but I would probably be that way for any stranger. Didn't they get rid of mouth-to-mouth in teaching the public CPR? *Internet browsing* Okay, I looked up the instructions from the Mayo Clinic and since I would consider myself "Trained but rusty", the advice is to just do chest compressions. So yes, I would hope that I would in a time of crisis.

4. What makes you bored?

A conversation that circles around itself so no new information is being provided/added.

5. Which is your favorite four-legged creature and why?

Well, I have an idea...

but let me think...

about that one for a while...

Yeah, I'll get back to you on that one.

6. Do you like spicy food and why?

I like food with a little kick, but I'm not a fan of anything very spicy. If there's no kick though, food can sometimes just seem bland.

7. Are you old fashioned?

This is kind of a broad fashion. Overall, I'd say I'm a mixture of old-fashioned and modern. Hmm... an example to help illustrate the point... I think children should respect their parents and other adults, but also not blindly trust someone a stranger is telling them. Not sure if that helped. If you're talking about old-fashioned gender roles though, I think those are too narrow and should be removed, so in that case, no.

8. Something or someone you miss the most from childhood?

A thing would either be doing plays at the Paul Bunyan Playhouse or summer band/choir camps at MusiCamp. A person would be how I remember my grandmother while growing up. She's still alive, but she's not the same as she was before.

9. Are you usually late, early, or right on time?

Let's be honest, not early, or if I am, not by much. If it's not work-related or involving an airline, on time or late.

10. Are you happy with your life for the most part right now?

For the most part, yes, especially since I know that this isn't where I'm stopping. There are things I wish I could change that I know will be changed for the better in the long run. So yes.

11. You can have one of the following two things: trust/love?

Crap, that's a heavy question. I could debate this for hours, but I think I would say trust.

12. Tell me about your favorite book, magazine, or comic?

Can I talk about a video game instead? I'm going to do that. Okay, so I don't know if it would be my favorite game ever because I'm back like that, but it is quite memorable to me. So, the world as we know is actually controlled by the Ancients, which are outer-worldly entities embodying qualities like physical strength, magick (yes, with a k) power, and mental fortitude. The game has you playing through many different characters in a variety of locations and eras as you try to fight these forces and stop an ancient sorcerer from bringing one of these Ancients into our world. The thing that stands about this game is that as your character falls into insanity, the game does things to not only mess with your character within the game, but also you as a player. So it will seem like the TV will turn off or bugs will be crawling on the screen. I'm talking, of course, about Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. I could probably devote an entire blog post to that game.

13. Tell me about someone you envy?

Well, in a way, I envy my sister because she is very intelligent & driven and she has been able to travel to many different countries and have so many awesome experiences. She's a veterinarian and I'm not a fan of blood, so I don't envy everything about her. :P

14. Tell me about something you've achieved?

(I just realized that these last three prompts really don't need question marks. Oh well.)

Well, one of my go-to answers is that after college, I was able to find a job that let me pay off my school debt within a couple of years. It especially helped since I didn't have to pay rent, utilities, or even for a car (although not owning my own car presented its own challenges).

15. Tell me about the worst punishment you had when you were a child?

(Four statements now with unnecessary question marks. Wonder how long this will last...)

To be honest, I didn't receive a lot of punishments as a kid. I don't remember being spanked or grounded really. There was the fear of Dad though, and that often kept me in line by itself. There was a point when Dad took away my copy of Super Smash Bros for the N64 because I didn't hear what he was saying one day (not while playing the game).

16. Do you like chocolate?

Just going to leave this here

17.  Do you like rainy days or snowy winter days more?

Both good choices (when I don't have to be outside), but I'll go with rainy days for the sounds.

18. Name 3 things in nature you find most beautiful?

Hmm... Blooming lilac bushes, fields/forests of untouched snow, and sunsets over lakes.

19. Which are your two favorite careers and why?

I mean, if we're talking about an ideal world, it would Broadway & a symphony orchestra performer, because it's pretty obvious. In terms of me here and now, I'm still exploring and will get back to you on that one.

20. Which is the hardest thing you ever had to do?

Which? There's no choices to pick. Okay... One of the hardest things I've had to do is attend funerals. There are some that are difficult because a family member passed or it was a high school classmate had a medical issue that triggered through no action of her own.

Man, these questions are heavy hitting. They would make for great conversation starters between good friends though.

21. When was the last time you lied and to whom and why?

I am wearing a green shirt. The last time I lied was just now to you because I don't want to write about the last time I lied and have it broadcast to the world via my blog.

22. Tell me about something you really regret?

I try not to think of it as regret, but something I would consider changing if I could do things over again would be pushing myself to do more AP and advanced courses in high school. I feel like I could have learned so much more in that classes compared to the regular track, which would have meant more resources to pull from in college.

23. What scares you the most and why?

That feeling of complete isolation and disconnection because I depend on others and I don't like feeling alone.

24. What do you do in your free time?

Recently, it's been YouTube, puzzles, games, and the like. Also, Gnomes Games fun.

25. What is your favorite part of the human face and why?

The eyes because they can be so expressive and full of life. Plus, cool colors.

26. Which is your favorite body part of the human body and why?

I'm going to go with hair because again, so many different ways/colors/styles for people to choose.

27. Tell me about a mistake you made?

This is quite trivial, but I was getting some food yesterday when the Subway employee said "Enjoy" and I said "You too". Well, I stopped midway through too, but at that point, what was said was said.

28. If you could do anything OR wish for anything that would come true, what would you wish?

Wow, another big question. Usually, I try to think of some big ideological answer, so I'm going to go with wishing that everyone gained the wisdom to view every other person as a full, complex human being.

29. What's your middle name?

Ha. Tiberius!

(Well, maybe)

30. How big is your bed?

I think it's a queen? It's long enough to fit me, so that's all that matters.

31. What music are you listening to right now?

I'm actually not because music distracts from blogging. The music I was listening to earlier was from Banjo-Kazooie.

32. What are the last 4 digits in your cell phone number?

Well, the last four digits from my first cell phone was 2946 and the next one had some prime numbers in it. Next!

33. What was the last thing you ate?

Some Easter candy... *hides face*

34. Tell me about your favourite music/song/band?

British favourite, huh? Okay. Well, one of my favorite music genres is classic rock because it has a lot of power and drive to it. Plus, I got hooked on the music through the Guitar Hero series, no joke.

35. Tell me about something you would happily do again?

Fly out to Washington DC for a few days. (I was visiting a friend before, but I would gladly go again just to take in more of the sights.)

36. Name your 5 favourite foods?

Hmm... pesto tortellini, chicken Alfredo pizza, sweet potato fries, blackberries, and some type of ice cream, probably mint chocolate chip. That's kind of a meal, right? Ooh, or my favorite creation at a waffle day - a hot waffle with Nutella and lime sherbert. Mmmmm

37. Good questions to ask People to Know Them More

Wait, what? Really? List, you were doing so well. Oh well. Next!

38. Do you like to shop?

From time to time, yeah it can be nice and relaxing, but sometimes it's just a long drawn out process.

39. How often do you go online?

Ha. HA! HAHAHAHA!!!

40. Tell me about someone you really admire?

I realize that my answer for #13 (someone you envy) may have been a better fit here, but I'll leave it alone. In terms of someone who I admire, I admire my two college friends Beth and Chris for being awesome. They are both doing work that they love, they recently moved into a sweet house, and it seems like they know what they want in life. So yeah, awesome people.


Well, that list was fun, even if there were a couple of hiccups (such as around ten unnecessary question marks, but who's counting?). Now I need to scramble and eat before staff meeting, so I should be off.

Today is Terri's Day, remembering Terri Schiavo who made national headlines for being on life support (a feeding tube, specifically) and what it means to be alive. I remember this happening while I was in the Speech team in high school and my piece was about a man on life support who was arguing to the courts about being allowed to die on his own terms. Definitely a powerful piece given the times. On a different side of things, but also relating to high school, today is Bunsen Burner Day. I'll try to remember this for tomorrow because I have a Bunsen burner story to share. For now though, food.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment