Thursday, March 19, 2015

Marvel Movie Catch-up

First of all, Michelle traversed the skies to spend the weekend here with me, so hooray to that! Typically, the first day of a visit is fairly low-key, given that one of us had a couple flights that can be tiring. Today followed suit and so we mainly just stuck around the apartment taking it easy.

So, I think everyone has those movies where if you learn that someone hasn't watched it, your first response is "Whaaa??" and then gravitate towards the nearest copy of said movie. I've been on both sides of that conversation, where I think the most common Wha-inducing movie is Braveheart. Anyway, since I consider myself a nerd and a citizen of the Internet, I've gotten confused looks when I say that I haven't watched the more recent entries to the Marvel cinematic universe. By more recent, I mean anything after Iron Man 3, so apparently recent means the past two years.

Michelle and I ended up watching Thor: Dark World & Captain America: Winter Soldier tonight, which were both quite enjoyable. The only one left is Guardians of the Galaxy! Well, and Agents of SHIELD... and Agent Carter. Anyway, I made a big stride with catching up on the overarching Avengers universe, so now I can start to put pieces together about what's going to happen next.

Of course, by being active on sites like Facebook and Tumblr, I constantly run the risk of encountering spoilers, particularly right when a movie comes out. Unfortunately, that meant that I knew some of the funnier lines in Thor and some of the main story themes in Captain America. On the other hand, some of those things were revealed in trailers, so it's not all my fault. Similar to video games, I do really love those experiences where I'm walking in with no previous knowledge and let myself get sucked in.

So, now Michelle and I can more conversations about the future of the world inside Marvel movies, and it made me more excited to watch the two TV shows. I've thought about watching everything in order based on chronology, but for now, I think it'll be better to watch what's left and then go back to that later.

Today is National Poultry Day, but I'm not sure if it's a better celebration by eating chicken or not eating chicken. Hmm... I'll have to think about that more.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment