Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Random Tuesday - March 3rd Holidays

You know what day it is! It's Random Tuesday, the day where I do... something... random. Anyway, there were some interesting holidays that happened today, so let's just write a little about each of those. Since it's March 3rd, let's say three bits per holiday. Here goes!


It's International Ear Care Day, so... 

3 Weird Ear Wax Facts!

- Ear wax is a natural insect repellent.
- Simply moving your jaw around keeps ear wax moving in the ear canal.
- Apparently, ear wax comes in two types - wet and dry. It's a genetics thing, although I'm not sure how wet "wet" is and the same for "dry".


It's Princess Day, so...

3 Favorite Disney Princesses!

I'm being official and using the Disney Princess wiki, just in case anyone is wondering. As per usual, "favorite" is a bit tough, but these three would definitely be up there.

- Belle
- Mulan
- Rapunzel


It's National Pancake Day, so...

3 Ways to Enjoy Delicious Pancakes!

- Slather it with butter and syrup and go to town
- Use it like a tortilla with bacon/sausage & egg inside (going to town not required)
- Find a friend and have edible Frisbee throwing (going to town not preferred - more things to run into)


It's Unique Names Day, so...

3 Unique Names That I Know!

- Da-Veed. An international student wanted to have a name that made him stand out and so he shaped David into Da-Veed.
- Amea. There should be an accent, but I'm having trouble finding it. Sorry! Anyway, Amea was an awesome co-worker/mentor/ball of fun from Missouri.
- Hildur. Okay, I know there are other Hildur's in the world, but I only know one. Hildur is a friend of the family by way of my dad (although I ended up going to high school with some of her grandchildren).


And of course, the big one....

It's What If Cats and Dogs Had Opposable Thumbs? Day, so...

3 Thoughts about that Hypothetical World!

- It would be tougher to keep the dogs from taking toys outside with them.
- Would dogs and cats naturally become bi-pedal? If so, let's make sure the German Shepherds and Great Danes of the world are friendly to everyone.
- Oh man, table scraps would get taken all over the place!

DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment