Thursday, February 5, 2015

Taking some time for Coffee Talk

My job gets really busy at certain points of the year, and as you could probably guess, right now is one of those points. Even though it's only the second week of classes, we have a bunch of stuff to figure out with next academic year, including RA selection and interviews for some of the elusive housing options.

With all of that said, it's nice to find some time to talk with people in a relaxed setting. One of my co-workers and I went to the nearby coffee shop and had a nice conversation for an hour. We caught up on each others' lives and some of the recent sources of stress. We did also discuss how we want next year to play out, but some of that will also come with time when it's been finalized who will have what responsibilities.

Even though I don't drink coffee, I definitely enjoy local coffee shops. This is especially true of places that clearly have a personality rather than just "imitation Starbucks" or "Caribou knockoff". Plus, the food and drinks I've had there are quite tasty. Just more evidence that I need to continue visiting the local businesses close to campus. It's definitely nice to have things like Erbert & Gerbert's and a Greek place that are just a few minute's walk from my door.

Speaking of food, I had this odd feeling yesterday where I was craving local restaurants in the Missouri town I lived in for five years. There was this amazing Thai restaurant and sports bar/burger joint that would both hit the spot whenever I would visit. Sadly, there's no Thai place in the area, but I definitely have found some good burger spots.

I'm definitely at the point where I should look over the day's holidays in the morning, because today was World Nutella Day, which I definitely missed out on. It is also "Move Hollywood & Broadway to Lebanon, PA" Day, which I am definitely intrigued by. It must have some good story.

DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment