So, thinking about yesterday's blog, I definitely forgot to mention that Michelle and I went pottery painting, which really fit into yesterday being Inspire Your Heart with Art Day. I'll probably put a picture of my work up once I get it back (which should be some point in the next week).
Now that that's been said, yay sports! Today was Sports Bowl Day 49, so Michelle and I watched two teams sports at each other. When it comes to sports, I don't have a team that I intimately follow through a season. Sure, I root for my assorted home teams, but that can be more of a "oh, this game is happening tonight. Go Minnesota!". (From my experience, I'll just say that Minnesota and football don't mix. We should probably stick to non-football sports, like hockey.)
Due to bad weather, Michelle's flights were cancelled today so after acquiring various snacks, we just hung out in my apartment with the Super Bowl on. Neither of us was really gung-ho for the Patriots or Seahawks, but we both agreed that we wanted an interesting game, rather than a blowout. Fortunately, we definitely got our wish with all of the interceptions and long plays that happened. There was also that brawl that broke out at the end, but that was more WTF than anything else. Of course, Michelle and I also watched for the commercials (sometimes more intently than certain stretches of the game), and quite a few commercials were sad. It was weird.
I wish I didn't have to go into work tomorrow. The earliest flight Michelle could get on is tomorrow evening, so she'll just be sitting around here while I'm working. I wouldn't say that this week is really stressful, but there is a lot to do. Here's hoping that I can use tomorrow as the start to a productive week.
Today is the first day of Burn Awareness Week, and my celebration for that was cooking chicken tacos with Michelle for dinner. In reality, we talked more about me getting better knives & cutting boards, but hey, not getting burned is pretty nice too.
DFTBA
Sunday, February 1, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment