Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Random Tuesday - Part 1 of "100 Interesting Questions"

Hey everyone! It's Random Tuesday. I wasn't coming up with any good ideas for Google auto-complete today, but I found this list of "100 Interesting Questions to Ask People". I probably won't go through them all today, but I'll at least answer a chunk of them. Here goes!

1) What was the last picture you took with your phone?

If you're friends with me on Facebook, this will make more sense, but a small plush Han Solo with a cupcake.

2) Do you know any big gossipers?

Yeah, but I won't tell you who. That would be spreading gossip :P

3) Have you been pulled over by a cop?

Thankfully no.

4) Do you know your heritage?

Somewhat. More knowledge about my dad's side of the family (especially my paternal grandfather's family).

5) What have you always wanted? Did you ever get it?

My wish list changes enough that I don't think I have something I've "always" wanted. I mean, my current list would include a bunch of games like Pandemic and Betrayal at the House on the Hill.

6) What kind of sickness have you lied about so you wouldn't go to work?

I haven't done that, soo... N/A

7) What was the last lie you told?

That I was going to bed an hour ago. Oops.

8) Have you ever danced in the rain?

I don't believe so, but I could see it happening. Then again, I don't really dance outside to begin with.

9) What is your blood type?

I don't know since I've never donated or had it tested for the type.

10) Have you ever been in a car accident?

I've had some scuffles with animals (deer mainly with the occasional bird including a duck), but nothing major.

11) What was the weirdest prank call that you have made?

This list kind of assumes that I'm up to no good more often than my normal routine. I don't remember making any sort of prank calls. I did inadvertently set up a situation where I got prank called based on a bit from Charlie the Unicorn.

12) Best compliment you have received?

I can't think of a really good example, but the times students tell me that I made a difference in their college career and helped them become a better person.

13) Do you trust anyone with your life?

I feel like this question can be read two ways. On one hand, it asks "is there a specific person that you trust with your life?" and yes, there are several. On the other hand, it asks "would you trust your life to any person out there?" and I would be really hesitant about that one.

14) What is your greatest strength or weakness?

Strength - willingness to help others. Weakness - self-confidence

15) What is your perfect pizza?

My go-to for this question is a garlic chicken/turkey spinach alfredo pizza. Nom!

16) What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?

"Okay, I have to be doing work stuff at 8:30, so I can't actually go back to bed now. Darn it."

17) Do you get along with your family? Why or why not?

Yes, with me being closest to my mom. I can fall out of touch with them since I live far away, but we're family that looks out for each other.

18) Ugly and live forever, or attractive and die in a year?

Face the oblivion of immortality or the uncertainty of death. Gee question, you're so lighthearted. Neither!

19) You discover that your wonderful one-year-old child is because of a mix up at the hospital and not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?

I'm going to go with yes, because I feel that otherwise, the information would burn a hole inside of me.

20) Would you be willing to lie to a court for a close friend if it meant saving your friend from going to jail for life?

What's stopping me from saying yes is that if we were found out, the courts could easily go after both of us, which just makes that worse. It would really depend on the situation though.

21) Would you be willing to eat a bowl of crickets for $40,000?

Yes, but I would prefer to have them with something or at the very least, mash them up so they weren't jumping around and chirping.

22) If you could have anyone locked in a room so that you could torment them for a day, whom would you choose and how would you torment them?

Oh my god! No! There are moments where I want to lash out, but I would scar myself if I ever did anything in real life.

23) Do you feel that children should be sheltered from unhappiness?

Somewhat, yes. If there was a situation involving death, illness, etc, I would want a child to learn about it, but not the full extent of pain that someone may be going through.

24) If you could have personally witnessed anything, what would you want to have seen?

 Assuming I would be a bystander that wouldn't change how history played out, I would like to see the Christmas truce that happened in 1914 during World War I.

25) If you could wake up tomorrow in the body of someone else, who would you pick and what would you do?

I wish someone was asking me these questions because I would want to clarify how long I would be in someone else's body and if what I did would remain part of history after I switched back. Hmm... If it would be short and history stuck, someone in Broadway or Hollywood to get a taste of that experience. If it would be short and history was re-written when I switched back, I would want to be the President just to see all that it entitled.



Well, 25 questions is a good place to stop since it's about the same as what I would write with a Google auto-complete week.  Sadly, I meant to celebrate Paczki Day, but I ran out of time/didn't want to go out after my evening staff activities. Paczki is this Polish pastry that bakers would make on Fat Tuesday in order to use up ingredients before Ash Wednesday. Michelle says they are like jelly-filled donuts, but not quite.

DFTBA


No comments:

Post a Comment