Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Chill Valentine's Day

You all know what day today is... That's right, it's Ferris Wheel Day! As I've written before, Ferris Wheel Day is one of the random holidays that got me hooked in celebrating random daily holidays, so it has a special place in my heart. Naturally, Michelle and I spent the day going to amusement parks and having long Ferris Wheel rides with views of the city... except not.

To be honest, today was pretty chill. Michelle and I had already exchanged birthday gifts on Thursday, got Valentine's sweets on Friday, and had the fancy meals out yesterday as well. We talked about it in the car and I wanted to make sure she had a special day and she was happy simply by the fact that I was here. A couple months ago, we weren't sure if I'd be visiting this weekend based on schedules and flight expenses, but now that I'm here, I'm glad we could make it all work.

In terms of what we actually *did* do today, I met one of Michelle's cousins and her husband at this awesome tea bar/restaurant over lunch, which primarily consisted of various sweet waffles. A flurry had come through the area so after that, we bunkered down and cracked open Lego Lord of the Rings. I think I said this yesterday, but Michelle and I do co-op video gaming, except most of the Lego don't support online co-op, so we now have LOTR here for when I visit and then Lego Marvel when Michelle visits me. We've played through the storyline of Lego Star Wars and Marvel, so we're just going through side missions and unlocking various stuff. As for LOTR, we ended up playing through the story of Fellowship of the Ring, and realized just how much there will be available once we have all of the characters available.

Anyway, we decided to forgo the crowds and made dinner here - biscuits and gravy. It was a simple recipe, but it's always more fun to cook with someone else, even if there's not something for two people to be doing every moment. Yeah, today was pretty much a relaxed day which is nice to have. We're both really looking forward to the point when we live close to visit each other more often without needing a plane ticket.

So, like I said earlier, today is Ferris Wheel Day and of course Valentine's Day. There's quite a few valentine's-related holidays, but today is also International Book Giving Day and World Whale Day. As I've said before, there are definitely alternatives to Valentine's Day so you can celebrate something without the pressure of being or not being in a relationship.

DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment