Good evening everyone!
Well, since I completed the last quarter of the list of 100 interesting questions, I don't have anything like that to fall back on tonight. As I mentioned on Sunday, this is a long week because we are in the middle of three interview processes: one for will-be juniors and seniors that want to live in houses with service themes, one for will-be sophomores that want to live in 8-person suites in a service hall with a little more structure, and one for future hall directors for next year. Fortunately, all of the student interviews are done and by the end of the day tomorrow, I will be done with my share of the first two processes (including figuring out who goes where).
I feel like I must have blogged about the Oshkosh Placement Exchange at some point before since I went there as a candidate in 2009 and 2014. In the event that I haven't, the Oshkosh Placement Exchange (OPE for short) is a huge gathering where colleges/universities hold interviews for hall directors, grad assistant programs, residential counselors, etc. There are bigger placement exchanges that cater to a more diverse range of Student Affair jobs across the whole nation. However, if you're looking to be in Housing in the Midwest, OPE is a good place to start.
I'm really excited to go to OPE as an employee interviewing people because I want to see how it feels to be on the other side of the table. Plus, I feel like I can really enjoy the atmosphere and socials when I don't need to worry about connecting with a wide variety of schools. It will be nice if I happen to run into old faces from Minnesota or Missouri though.
Unfortunately, OPE is a long process, which will be my Friday and Saturday. My schedule isn't jam packed those days, so I'll try to bring my laptop and other things so I can have something to do in the down time (hopefully more work-related things on Friday and then more personal things on Saturday).
Anyway, just felt like giving a quick update since it's been a little bit and we're already past the week's halfway mark.
There's only one holiday that pops up for today specifically and that's Inconvenience Yourself Day, which seems... weird. However, I did actually get to celebrate February being Sweet Potato Month since the cafeteria had sweet potato fries on the lunch menu. They weren't as good as some I've had a couple different places in Missouri, but it was since a nice change of pace.
DFTBA
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment