Since yesterday was a long work day, I made up for that by having today be a major lazy day. Last night, I had started Assassin's Creed III, which is the next step in my first play-through of the Assassin's Creed series (well okay, I skipped the very first one, but played the "Ezio trilogy"). A good chunk of today was spent progressing through the main story to help open up side quests and stuff like that.
I've only put in a few hours, but I am enjoying my experience so far. It's a little sad to not play Ezio in Renaissance Europe, but at the same time, Revolutionary US is a nice change of pace. I quickly saw how expansive the game feels with the size of some of the maps, and adding in hunting animals gives me sometime to do while running from point A to point B.
The gameplay is consistent with previous Assassin's Creed games with some more tweaking, of course. The controls are tweaked enough that I need some practice, especially using long-distance weapons like bows & muskets, and of course, getting into the rhythm of combat. Then again, I was able to keep a cool head fighting off soldiers inside a flaming fort.
There's definitely lots to do with side-questing and this game adds missions where you captain a ship and have old-school naval warfare. Since that's completely new to the series, I don't feel too bad when I can't stop myself from going straight into a barrage of mortar fire.
With these games, my favorite part is the juicy middle when I can explore all the areas and just rip into all of the side quests and collectibles. I'm not quite at that point, but it's still enjoyable.
I realize that most of this doesn't mean much if you haven't played this series, but since it's late, I probably shouldn't write a full description of the series thus far. Maybe later, but definitely not tonight.
Today is Boy Scout Anniversary Day. While I was only in Boy Scouts until early in high school, it was still a good experience, even if I definitely don't remember any of the knots or what merit badges I had earned. I mean, if nothing else, I do try to Be Prepared, which is the motto.
DFTBP... I mean, DFTBA.
Sunday, February 8, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment