Hey everyone. It should be no shock that I enjoy video games, so I felt like rolling that into a Random Tuesday. However, I did want to leave it open-ended to include tabletop games, card games, etc. Let's jump right in!
What is "a game that('s)..."? (I'll have my answers be something that I've played)
Allows you to do anything: The first game I had that really felt like an open world was Super Mario 64, which was also my first console game.
Basketball: Ah yes, those games that basketball (which is what Google auto-complete actually suggested first). I've never been one for sports games, so it would have been playing a basketball game at a friend's place.
Can't be won, only played: Thanks to an internet video series, I'm going with Bop It or Simon. Although the cheeky me wants to say Monopoly, Risk, or Axis & Allies.
Doesn't look like a game: I have an old-ish Bingo set nestled in my wall of games, which seems to fall right in line with this descriptor.
Everyone has played: I'll think about this as a video game that a lot of people have played in my apartment, which would be Super Smash Bros Brawl hands down.
Fun: After not playing video games for what has felt like a couple months, I started another run-through of Half-Life 2, which I have thoroughly enjoyed, even if I do know some of the surprises coming around the corner.
Guesses who you're thinking of: Well, there's the flash game with the genie, but I'm going to throw it back further and say the one flash game where it would guess the person you're thinking of but only if that person would a dictator or a character from the Simpsons.
Have a family: It's not the happiest of games, but the first game I remember playing where there were multiple family members and that relationship was important (sorry Mario bros.) was Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.
Is two player: In high school, I played through Gears of War 1 & 2 with a good friend and that was a good time. If you're not into first-person shooters, Portal 2 has an amazing co-op experience.
Jigsaw puzzle: Sticking with the focus on video games, there's the sliding game puzzle on the one island in Wind Waker. It's not a jigsaw puzzle persay but it still takes a good amount of brainpower.
Knows everything about you: Well, that's a creepy way to put it. Oh, let's go real old school and say MASH, aka the game where it predicted your future including your living quarters, job, spouse, etc.
Lets you play god: The Sims series seems like the best fit on this list, and I've played some of the original Sims, SimCity, and SimSkyscraper.
Makes you smarter: In general, any video game with a puzzle element that you need to solve in order to progress to the next area. Some games that pop to mind are Half Life 2 and Wind Waker.
Never gets boring: I've played three games in the Assassin's Creed series and I have loved every minute of it. There are games that I play to the point of getting bored, but I haven't felt that yet with any Assassin's Creed game.
Is Online: Team Fortress 2 is the clear winner for this contest. Lots of team-based fighting with guns, rockets, and machines.
Plays itself: To go back to low-tech, I'll say the card game War. It's all about flipping cards, so there's really nothing the player can do to affect the outcome of the game.
Answers Questions: Well, in Clue, you need to figure out what happened, which involves a lot of questioning.
Racing: With owning a Nintendo 64, everyone would assume that I played Mario Kart a lot and still have my original copy. While I did play it some at friends'/a cousin's, my racing game to perfect was Diddy Kong Racing. For those of you familiar with the game, the second race against the octopus boss was killer.
Starts with A: I already used Assassin's Creed, so I'll go with Advance Wars for the GameBoy Advance. It's a cool little war-based strategy game that I bring with me for long plane flights.
Teaches you how to type: Oh goodness, I remember having some game in elementary school that was intended to teach proper typing. I never really did much with the game, but ended up taking a keyboarding class 9th grade, so it all worked out.
U can have babies: The only game that I've played that fits this is The Sims although I never got to the point of having kids, if I remember correctly. It was probably for the best.
Volleyball: Once again, haven't own sports games or really play them that often, but we'll say some random game including volleyball at a friend's house.
Will make you cry: I teared up a little in Assassin's Creed 3 when the main character loses his mother in a village fire. The mother wasn't doing that much in the game before then, but at the same time, you could tell the emotion was there.
(Nothing for x)
You can have your own life: Well, Skyrim gives you a pretty open world and lets you go choose your own adventure in terms of what to explore, collect, do, etc. (Plus, it's a new game to mention rather than saying the Sims again).
Zombies: The classic "shoot all the zombies to survive" game that I have is Left 4 Dead 1 & 2. You lead a team of survivors across a city to try to find a way to safety. Mishaps and hoards of zombies ensue.
Well, that was a nice little endeavor. Maybe I can do more about video games later. Tomorrow will be International Fairy Day, and Celebration of the Senses.
DFTBA
Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment